Galileo Sol - questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all,

I'm an IT tech in a mixed shop. I run both Macs and Wintels. At home I have a MacBook Air (my 20th Mac) and an Asus P6 running Vista.

I also have an Uwatec Smart Com - not a Sol. So here's what I know:

I bought a Vista compatible IrDa device for $30 on FleaBay. Here's the description, you can search on it and you'll find a bunch for sale - the guy's in Asia and it's free shipping:

NEW USB 2.0 IRDA-4220 (16Mbps) (SUPPORT VISTA)FREE S&H

Of course, everything worked fine in Vista. So I tried the dongle on my Mac with JTrack.

Guess what? It works great. Didn't have to run Boot Camp or equivalent program. One caveat: I had to put the dongle about 1 inch away from the IrDa port on the Smart Com and point straight in. Sometimes, it takes a try or two to get the aim right.

Since I just got back from the GBR last week, I only had time to download the computer into my Mac (my preferred computer) and haven't tried the Vista machine yet, though I don't anticipate any trouble.

GO ON - switch computers. You'll be happy you did. Wintels suck - you won't be able to convince me otherwise until they get rid of the registry, and that's just for starters (j'ever notice when you switch views on a Windows folder, it reverts back next time you open it?).

If you have any questions, I'm happy to help. Let me know.

Last edited:
THANKS OO!!!!

Actually, I had already followed your lead - I do most of my computing on a Mac G5 and a MBP 15", but lately I found an offer for a Dell netbook starting at $200 - for that price I just couldn't resist. Yeah, I know, I'm gonna have to buy new software and all, but I'm just not prepared to shell out 2 grand for a Macbook Air right now and the new Dells get 6+ hours of battery life. So I figured it'd be a good option for short trips & such. (Heh. I also bought myself a Dell 9", having heard it's one of the best models to turn into a Hackint0sh. But that's another thread.)

Was just back on here to see what IRDA dongle folks were using in general. If you happen back by this thread, how are you liking J-Trak compared to SmartTrak? Looks like the feature set is way paltry by comparison, but maybe my first impression was faulty.

Thanks again for the info. Off to Fleabay!

Hi, I have a Galileo Sol and i use Smartrack software to store my dives in a PC. Recently i upgraded to WIN7 64bits. Smartrack doesn't run properly and i can't find a IRDa device for WIN7 64bits.
Anyone had a similar problem ??

So, i`ve bought from a friend his computer and now i have few questions.

1: How do i change owner name?
2: How do i change owner info?
3: How do i reset divelog and factory settings ?
4: Is there a way to make the Light more blueish?
5: Is there anything i should know about it...beside reading the manual ?

Thanks!

1 & 2 Download the Smart Trak software from ScubaPro's website. It's a free download.

4 You can adjust the light settings in the menu's. Contrast.

3. You need a code.

5. Read the manual.

Great Computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My husband has a Mac & he has the dive log software on an alternate boot system that uses Microsoft instead of his normal boot. Works for him!

Back
Top Bottom