Galileo sol owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phasechange

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How accurate is the galileo sol at instant air consumption? Can you tell a difference in tasks hard finning, breathing deep or shallow, excited(shark)....

Is the compass better than a wrist mounted sk7?

The Sol is very accurate. We use it in training all our students. They can swim, then rest on the bottom. The Remaining Bottom Time ( RBT ) will change quickly.

We show them how the RBT increases as they rest and slow their breathing. We also have them check their heart rate.

The digital compass is excellent!

What he said. I have found the compass to be superb and the breathing very sensative but it can be adjusted to your own liking.

Hi everybody...has Galileo sol function, that can show actual or average air consumption in liters per minute. I cant find it in my device. Thank You.

+1 for what Beaverdivers said. I used to run a Suunto SK-7 compass. It sits at home since I got the Sol. Best compass implementation I have ever seen, and even when the compass is shown you see your gas pressure, and all basic dive info. It is nice having one less thing on my arm.

The Sol will show 'remaining bottom time" which is a gas consumption calculation of how much time you have left before you have to begin your ascent. It has nothing to do with NDL or deco calculations. It is shown in pretty close to real time, and changes quickly if you increase or decrease your effort. The Sol will not show SAC or air consumption rates during the dive or on the computer's on-screen logbook, The on-screen shows the net change in gas pressure during the dive. But I believe detailed SAC info at all stages of the dive is accessible on your PC, by using the SmartTrac software.

+1 for what Beaverdivers said. I used to run a Suunto SK-7 compass. It sits at home since I got the Sol. Best compass implementation I have ever seen, and even when the compass is shown you see your gas pressure, and all basic dive info. It is nice having one less thing on my arm.

The Sol will show 'remaining bottom time" which is a gas consumption calculation of how much time you have left before you have to begin your ascent. It has nothing to do with NDL or deco calculations. It is shown in pretty close to real time, and changes quickly if you increase or decrease your effort. The Sol will not show SAC or air consumption rates during the dive or on the computer's on-screen logbook, The on-screen shows the net change in gas pressure during the dive. But I believe detailed SAC info at all stages of the dive is accessible on your PC, by using the SmartTrac software.
Thanks for reply. I notice on my SmartTrak, that there is a consumption of air, but to accurate data computer must know the volume of my tank, isnt it? I have one 10 l and one 15 l tank, but nowhere I cant find menu, where can I change this values. Thanks again for reply and have a nice evening. Lada

Reactions: Jax
What they said on air consumption. Just don't believe the scubapro sales guy when he tells you about battery life. I've sent mine off to scubapro and there's "nothing wrong" with it. New battery every 20 dives (roughly) for the transmitter. The computer its-self is a lot better on juice.

Hi kelemvor

You must have a fault in the transmitter. I am going on 40+ dives since a new transmitter battery, and have not gotten any low battery warning. Have it checked (the transmitter, if the computer is operating properly).

I just replaced my trans battery after 300 dives, computer still going on original battery

Thanks for reply. I notice on my SmartTrak, that there is a consumption of air, but to accurate data computer must know the volume of my tank, isnt it? I have one 10 l and one 15 l tank, but nowhere I cant find menu, where can I change this values. Thanks again for reply and have a nice evening. Lada

When you download the log, in the bottom part where is a picture of a tank, click on that. You set your tanks there.

What they said on air consumption. Just don't believe the scubapro sales guy when he tells you about battery life. I've sent mine off to scubapro and there's "nothing wrong" with it. New battery every 20 dives (roughly) for the transmitter. The computer its-self is a lot better on juice.

Do you touch the button battery? You should use a lint-free cotton clothe to clean it thoroughly after you get it out of the card, and make sure there is no touching. You skin oils can create a stead drain on the battery. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom