Galileo Luna vs. Datamax Pro Plus 2.1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey everyone,
I'm new to Scubaboard, and I was wondering if anybody who owns a Galileo PDC with a transmitter can give me some feedback on the performance of the hoseless integration. I recently have come into the market in buying a new computer, and am torn between the Oceanic Datamax Pro Plus 2.1 and the Luna. I've heard mixed reviews, both good and bad, but i wanted to hear testimonies from the field. Also, any suggestions for which way to go would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

I would go with the Luna, very nice computer and is wrist mount, my preference. The Oceanic is bit of a brick. I have not heard of any significant AI failures on the Luna. Have a look at the soon to be released Liquivison Lynx, looks nice and is OLED.

It's mostly the old console vs wrist mount argument. I have the Sol and the AI has not been an issue, except you should have a small backup analog SPG on the second HP port.

The Oceanic is a single algorithm computer with the old liberal algorithm of Oceanic, which by itself would be an issue for me.

It's good advice at this point to look at the Lynx.

Have sold both in the store but no longer sell the oceanics. Just wasnt the same quality as the scubapro. I dive with the scubapro wrist myself and it is great with no problems. If you want a hose integrated computer look at the subgear XP-H

I have a Luna and its been GREAT with no issues, and the wrist mount is perfect for me.

I just went over 100 dives on my Luna. The vast majority of which were in the 40-50 dgree range. I hsve had only a few instances where the signal was interruptped and the signal almost immediately re-established itself. It has been an OUTSTANDING dive compute. The integrated compass is accurate and works extermely well. After 103 dives with the Luna I have not been disappointed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom