Galileo Luna problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
New to Scuba board and need some help-I have a Galileo Luna that stopped offering the psi suddenly before a dive last month. It has not come back so I thought it might be the battery in the transmitter so I had a new one put in. Did not work. I tried pairing the unit again, but it will not pair. So I installed Uwatec's IrDA software into my laptop to unpair the first stage with the computer. I did manage to unpair the device and re-pair but now it will not pair again. I used my wife's Luna to try to pair to see if I could isolate the problem. Her computer picked up the pairing tight away. So, it's not the transmitter since it will give a signal to my wife's computer, it transmits though the IR. Now I am wondering if it is the first stage which is the problem...Any ideas?

Highly doubfull its the first stage (port blockage). Place on another first stage in order to isolate that as being the issue. Have you contacted SP for diagnostic options? I am assuming you purchased used?

if it paied to your wife's computer does it give her luna an air pressure? if so i would say you luna is the issue. if not than that transmitter is the likely issue. can you pair to your wifes transmitter? does it give you an air pressure with her transmitter?

New to Scuba board and need some help-I have a Galileo Luna that stopped offering the psi suddenly before a dive last month.
It the psi reading? has not come back so I thought it might be the battery in the transmitter so I had a new one put in.
The new battery didn't work? Or the transmitter? How do you know?Did not work.

I tried pairing the unit again meaning your Luna and the orig transmitter?, but it will not pair.

So I installed Uwatec's IrDA software into my laptop to unpair the first stage with the computer. I did manage to unpair the devicemeaning your Luna and the orig transmitter? and re-pair but now it will not pair again. It does not have to re-pair each time.

I used my wife's Luna to try to pair to see if I could isolate the problem. Her computer picked up the pairing tight away. meaning wife's luna paired with orig transmitter right away? that is normal.

So, it's not the transmitter since it will give a signal to my wife's computer, agree

it transmits though the IR. Wait, what? What is "it" and why does "it" matter that "it" transmits through IR?

Now I am wondering if it is the first stage which is the problem...Any ideas?

Try these troubleshooting steps. I must assume you have two Luna's and two Xmtr's? And the transmitters are on different 1st stages on different tanks? Call them H Luna and W Luna, and H Xmtr and W Xmtr (for husband and wife).

Prep: erase all pairings on each Luna

1. Transmitter:
1.a. Put H Xmtr on a 1st stage.
1.b. Try to pair with W Luna.
1.c. Turn off and purge pressure. Leave it that way for one minute.
1.d. Turn on and try to pair H Xmtr with H Luna.

If the H Xmtr pairs with W Luna, but not with H Luna, it indicates the H Xmtr is probably okay. \

2. Luna check
2.a. Clear all pairings.
2.b. Insure H Xmtr is not on a tank! (thus not pressurized) - don't want conflicting signals.
2.c. Pressurize W Xmtr and attempt to pair with W Luna (confirms working system)
2.d. Depressurize W Xmtr and leave off for one minute.
2.e. Pressurize W Xmtr and attempt to pair with H Luna.

The Uwatec transmitters send a pairing signal at every start-up. They do not maintain (record, hold) pairing info. The computers hold pairing info.

If H Xmtr easily pairs and communicates with W Luna, but not with H Luna, suspect H Luna.

If W Xmtr easily pairs and communicates with H Luna, and W Luna, suspect H Xmtr.

Now, let's throw a monkey wrench in the deal. I have a transmitter with the same problem - won't throw a signal continuously. I have changed batteries several times. There seems to be an intermittent connectivity problem with the battery . . . I'm about to give up and send it to ScubaPro. If I have the outer casing off, it transmits nicely. If the casing is on, it doesn't transmit. Something knocking the battery loose? :idk:

The InfraRed link has zilch to do with the transmission of the pressure transponder, by the way.

Back
Top Bottom