Galileo Luna IR Connectivity with SmarTRAK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cschone

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I own two Galileo Luna computers. I have two IR dongles - both of which worked when my computers had Windows 8. My workstation is a Linovo Intel i7-6700K CPU operating at 4.01 GHz running Windows 10 Home. The IR devices have installed properly and there are no error codes. One Luna computer ID is 610648332 HW Version 1.1 and SW version 1.5

I am attempting to use SmarTRAK software 2.0801 to talk to my Lunas. The software cannot recognize the Lunas. I will be diving in Bonaire this Christmas and would like to have both computers talking to a software that can update their software and download dive info.

I previously reported issues with the IR and Windows 10. This seems resolved now.

You might want to plow your way through this thread.
Irda. Driver for Windows 10

I had upgraded my Win8 travel laptop to 10 and found the IrDa problem with it. I went back to 8 until the patch for ver. 1511 came out. Made SURE it worked on a test machine and then upgraded again. Works fine on 3 different PC's.

I did not have to load an infrared driver of any sort. Windows did that itself. I did have to do that [Command Prompt - with Admin privileges] patch. It doesn't 'just work' yet.....like it should.

Why Microsoft screwed it up I have no idea. It worked fine in the beta before they released it.

Last edited:
fmerkel pointed out something very important, you have to use the CMD in Admin mode. If you don't the IrDA drivers will not install correctly. I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and had issues. After about an hour of googling I learned the Command Prompt in Admin was the key.

Back
Top Bottom