Gag Strap Setup Options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi
(for @OTF: funny thing as I ve just received the model from AP and was also wondering about the set-up :) )
For all of you guys, how do you deal with this strap when you dive DSV and necklaced BO reg?
If you pull the DSV down, you block the reg, and if you pull the strap up, you may knock your mask out.
Does it make sense?
Thanks

Hi
(for @OTF: funny thing as I ve just received the model from AP and was also wondering about the set-up :) )
For all of you guys, how do you deal with this strap when you dive DSV and necklaced BO reg?
If you pull the DSV down, you block the reg, and if you pull the strap up, you may knock your mask out.
Does it make sense?
Thanks
BOV all the way. It's also just about the only way an OC buddy can rescue you.

BOV all the way. It's also just about the only way an OC buddy can rescue you.
Thanks but how do the rEvo divers are trained as rEvo comes without BOV but with a strap? (If I am correct?)

Thanks but how do the rEvo divers are trained as rEvo comes without BOV but with a strap? (If I am correct?)
Revo/Mares has no factory BOV. It does come with a strap sure, but what good is a DSV in your mouth if the gas in the loop isnt breathable?

At the very best you have breathable dil, enough dil to flush the loop, a buddy who has the capacity and awareness to do that successfully while maintaining your mutual buoyancy, and finally somehow you need to regain enough consciousness and presence of mind fast enough that you can switch to a BO regulator without aspirating water. Most divers who go hypoxic or tox (even with a gag strap) don't regain enough function to self-rescue. Most are quite groggy for hours afterwards.

Actually Revo got BOV in 2019, along with new solenoid and CMF that allows to increase IP to 15bars with Mares first stages, and new stand.

1641200552314.png

I use a Drager.

The strap comes off the mouthpiece at an angle and is designed to be worn over the crown rather than behind the head or around the neck. I believe that the rEvo version is designed in a similar way.

This facilitates easy removal without disturbing ones mask as it sort of pulls forward and clear of the mask.

I wear my mask strap under my hood.

Yes, the rEvo uses the Drager strap, says Drager right on the strap. You wear the Drager Gag strap on the crown of your head. I always put mask on, then gag strap.

The other benefit of the gag strap is that it's more comfortable on longer dives, you can relax you mouth and kind of press your lips against the gag strap sides. This helps with jaw ache, at least for me, especially when run times stretch into hours.

I loved diving with a strap on rEvo. Zero jaw fatigue and not a big deal when switching to BO.

Speaking of straps, has anyone found a solution for a Meg that they like?

Reactions: OTF
I loved diving with a strap on rEvo. Zero jaw fatigue and not a big deal when switching to BO.

Speaking of straps, has anyone found a solution for a Meg that they like?
I use the drager/revo model on my Meg BOV

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom