G9 Raw question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Cid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just got my case Friday and o Saturday and Sunday were the first trials of this camera. Unfortunately the strobe isn't supposed to get here til today, but I still got a couple of good eel shots.

Anyway, after getting home I tried to download the raw file and adjust some of the images but the raw files weren't there. I had the menu setting on L + RAW but when I switched over to RAW only it took twice as long to save the file. Do I need the camera on L+Raw and another setting or should I just shoot raw and call it at that? Thanks.

I always shoot L + RAW, nice to have both jpg and RAW file, becasue I find that not all pics need raw processing especially when you use a strobe. And if you are on holiday and want to have a look at your pics on someone elses laptop/computer you can view the jpg's.

Sounds like you had the camera set to automatic mode - the G9 does not shoot RAW in automatic mode - you have to be in AV/TV/P/M to be able to shoot RAW.

It was in shutter priority mode with L + RAW so I would think that would work. My roommate shoots a DSLR and said that on his he has to download the pictures using the eos transfer utility instead of the canon transfer utility (for my SD800). I guess the canon basic utility only pulls the jpg files. I'll try to mess with it this afternoon a bit and see what I come up with. Thanks Adriaan.

If you are using Windows your G9 should show up as a drive in your Windows Explorer. You should have access to the RAW files there. Certain versions of the Canon software will not recognize the RAW format, but the one that actually comes with the G9 should. If you are using a Mac you should be using the software that came with the G9, again some other versions will not recognize the RAW format.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom