G260 Stuck Inhalation Adjustment & Faceplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure the heat/cold technique would be as helpful in this case is in a joint where the threads are tight; i.e something torqued. In this case, the adjustor is stuck in the middle of a run. It shouldn't be tight at all, just completely salt encrusted. I would try the long hot soak.

Its a good reminder to lube those threads really well with good quality grease, silicone is probably the longest-lasting.

The faceplate turns counterclockwise just like a jar lid.

The adj knob is not an easy one to treat with hot and cold but you could try the whole reg is warm water and then just the adj knob on some ice. The problem is that thin stem will not conduct much heat so you may not have much joy.

Understood, and that makes senses why you must be so gentle because of that thin stem.

Lefty loosey, righty tighty...

Added: just noticed awap already advised.

Thought so just wanted to make sure. I've fought with a handful of things before, until the find out they were reverse threaded. Duh.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom