G250 Vintage ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ronald K:
I have visited the diving display called duikvaker in Holland. It was on display there. My recollection is that it has a first stage derived from the MK17 with a turret added like the MK25 has. So your hoses swivel. This first stage is now called MK19.
The numerology makes sense as the Mk 18 was a MK 16 with a LP port swivel turret, so the logical number for a Mk 17 with a swivel cap would be Mk 19.

Ronald K:
I have visited the diving display called duikvaker in Holland. It was on display there. My recollection is that it has a first stage derived from the MK17 with a turret added like the MK25 has. So your hoses swivel. This first stage is now called MK19. The second stage has a small metal Scubapro symbol embossed in the front cover. Holes in the cover show a blue membrane. Visually attractive, at least to me. Look at it as a membrane 1st stage with turret and old style (little bigger) second with a metal breathing resistance control knob. See apeks DST with atx50 or something.

And, MK19 has a bottom LP port like the MK25?

So glad to hear that the G250 won't be discontinued - but why did Scubapro have to make the G250V so darn ugly in the "improvement" process?!?

hoosier:
And, MK19 has a bottom LP port like the MK25?

If it does, that would rock! That would mean MK17 cold water performance + MK20/25-style hose routing options.

Attachments

• MK19G250V.jpg
    MK19G250V.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 123
Vie:
So glad to hear that the G250 won't be discontinued - but why did Scubapro have to make the G250V so darn ugly in the "improvement" process?!?

If it does, that would rock! That would mean MK17 cold water performance + MK20/25-style hose routing options.

Holy moly... It has two HP ports and five LP ports... It means it has a bottom LP port...

SXXX.. I just grabbed two MK17s last week....

The following is translated version from the website you referred. It isn't a find job though...

MK19 first staircase MK19 a membraan sent first staircase is which guarantor stands for a large capacitance against freezing, because there is used 4 opwarmingsribben which raises the surface of the cold exchange considerably. Moreover the hydrostatic chamber in the first staircase is sealed with gentle siliconen membraan. Furthermore ensures MK19 a very high air turnover. By small renewals in the first staircase turbulentie there less arises as a result of which the air turnover is increased. MK19 a revolver on which 5 low drukpoorten sit, has head. Because this head can twist get you as a plunger more movement freedom during diving. MK19 also 2 high drukpoorten have.

hoosier:
SXXX.. I just grabbed two MK17s last week....

You could use them for stage/deco... :D I really hate the angled HP port on the MK17 though.

Visited my LDS a week ago to look at a new cold water regulator. Was looking at the Apeks line (which he carries next to Mares and Scubapro).

He told me that scubapro will be reissueing the old G250. The G250HP had plastic casing and inner works... this 'new' G250V will have plastic casing but metal inner works (metal balance tube, orifice).

According to my dealer in combo with the MK17 or MK19 (MK17 with swifel ports) in combo with this G250 will be a very very good cold water combo. He was quite enthousiastic about it and could have easily sold me another reg right then but insisted on me trying out the G250 first.

So that's what I'll do... the moment they come in I'm trying one out.

Cheers

Vie:
You could use them for stage/deco... :D I really hate the angled HP port on the MK17 though.

Do you have a picture of double hose routing?

beester:
Visited my LDS a week ago to look at a new cold water regulator. Was looking at the Apeks line (which he carries next to Mares and Scubapro).

He told me that scubapro will be reissueing the old G250. The G250HP had plastic casing and inner works... this 'new' G250V will have plastic casing but metal inner works (metal balance tube, orifice).

According to my dealer in combo with the MK17 or MK19 (MK17 with swifel ports) in combo with this G250 will be a very very good cold water combo. He was quite enthousiastic about it and could have easily sold me another reg right then but insisted on me trying out the G250 first.

So that's what I'll do... the moment they come in I'm trying one out.

Cheers

What is the price over there?

hoosier:

They were posted by other SB members ages ago - I can't find the original thread so here they are again. Notice how the HP/spg hose is pushed out at an angle - it's not a big problem but I really don't like it. I don't have a picture of a MK17 being used as a deco reg though.

Attachments

• MK17double.jpg
    MK17double.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 100
Vie:
hoosier:

They were posted by other SB members ages ago - I can't find the original thread so here they are again. Notice how the HP/spg hose is pushed out at an angle - it's not a big problem but I really don't like it. I don't have a picture of a MK17 being used as a deco reg though.

Thanks for the picture. Yes, I recall there was a picture post before, but I couldn't find it. It looks like a bungeed second hose gets all stress, too. :huh:

May I try or sell it? :confused: I am not sure when we have MK19 in U.S. market though..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom