FYI- Fraudulent RB ad currently on Ebay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

humanphibian

Reaction score
There are a bunch of members over on TheDecoStop jacking the price up as well. The seller keeps pulling the high bids. The owner of this particular unit has contacted Ebay about the ad, so mabye they'll pull it soon.

humanphibian:
. The owner of this particular unit has contacted Ebay about the ad, so mabye they'll pull it soon.
how do you know that?

sorry... misrepresented what I thought that I had read. One of the guys buddies has made him aware of the ad and aked him to contact Ebay. I do not know if he, the owner, has actually done it yet or not.

qoute from TDS post:

"I've asked my friend to also contact ebay about the scam as he's the current owner of the unit and has no intention of selling it!!!! "

the person that posted this info actually bid on the RB, then requested the seller info from Ebay and informed them himself that it was a scam.

TDS thread quotes:

"User ID: andrewg2657
Name: Andrew G DeHart
Company:
City: Whittier
State: CA
Phone: (714) 802-1023"

"How'd you find this out??"

"i bid and then requested it from ebay. i also told ebay that it was a scam."

sorry for the liberty taken. Guess this is why I don't (OR should!!) work for the press.

Scott

wedivebc:
Are you sure? I just bid 15,000 on it and was outbid. Darn!
Current bid is $100,600. Naw, its not BS!

I asked the seller a questions yesterday and he answered. Guess he doesn't want my money, or I have to supply a credit card before he will answer me.

ALot of RB guys look for fraud on ebay.. they typically drive the price up crazy, and usually the ad gets pulled.. occassionally the auction is not pulled, but the scammer is not going to get the money from some poor soul who didn;t know the ad was a fake..

Back
Top Bottom