future instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MarkJ

Registered
Reaction score
:fist: Hey another new guy here... Hoping to become an instructor --- been out of diving a few years so I've gotta get wet again and get some dives logged Any advice out there on training programs??

Welcome to the board MarkJ. you will get all kinds of advice in here

:jester:

from Virginia Beach, my 3 cents is find a program you like. I can only suggest SSI cause that is the only one I have trained under. I have met several other divers trained under other groups who are outstanding divers too, so just find the one you like the best.

Rich :mean:

Welcome. I'm a PADI myself, but I think all agencies have their pros and cons. All I can say is, whaterver agencie you pick, don't badmouth the others!!

So, how far along towards instructor were you when you last dove? I'm struggling for DM at the moment. It's taken me a year, but I WILL complete this!

Hello and thanks for the response... Since my original post, I have decided to go the long route and get my cert's one at a time. I feel that will better prepare me to teach my students and answer their questions when I do start teaching.
The ultimate goal is to own my own shop and get into u/w photo and video.
I may be moving to Texas soon so perhaps I will find some good programs there. :confused:

mj

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom