Fusion Tech Skin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sffrenchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have had a Fusion tech skin backordered since March? Has there been some type of manufacturing issue to explain this delay? When will tech skins become available?

Thanks,

The back order issue seems to occur on a regular basis. I am assuming Whites is using a supplier somewhere in Asia that makes runs for them when they get sufficient orders - and then when the supplier gets around to doing the run, so the supply is pretty inconsistent.

At some point I am hoping Whites will realize how much that arrangement is probably costing them in lost sales add find something else that involves less lead time on orders.

I was told of a tech skin shortage too, but because of the delay, White shipped me a Fusion with sport skin, then followed-up with my original tech skin order when it became available. In short, I got a sport skin for free and a drysuit I could use right away.

G’day,
Some very patient and loyal Whites customers have been waiting what seems like forever for their Fusion “Tech Skins” and I thought I would give you some inside on why that is.
As most may or may not know, Whites is a Victoria B.C. Canadian based company just off the coast of Washington state. Head office and our production/warehouse are located here. We are one of few companies that still actually build suits in North America verses offshore aside from some accessories. These accessories to which are still designed and benched tested by Whites at Whites. Raw materials are bought from all over the world pending on application and quality of that material.
Unfortunately a supplier that has a direct relationship with your Fusion “Tech Skin” and its material has had some delays, this combined with a high demand for Tech Skins has caused this item to become back ordered.
Good news is Fusion “Tech Skins” are in stock and ready to rock and in colours (the Canadian way eh?), GREY, RED, PINK, YELLOW and NAVY BLUE check it out: Whites Diving | Fusion Dive Suit :devil:

*PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR LDS FOR ETA ON YOUR FUSION TECH SKIN*

“Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.”
John Wooden

Thanks for the update. I'll contact the shop where I bought it from.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom