Fusion Tech LE Drying Tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just wanted to follow up with my current experience with drying the LE skin.

In short, it's less of an ordeal than it sounds and than I thought. I've done 8 dives in the suit over 4 dive days so far. Now I hang the suit on a Ventilator hanger when I get home, separate the arm and leg velcro and hose everything down. I also try to flush some water up the sleeves and legs between the skin and the inner suit. Then the suit hangs outdoors overnight, and depending on conditions it's fairly dry in about 12 hours.

After the outside is completely dry I re-attach the velcro and then turn the suit inside-out and let the inside dry out.

After I identified some landmarks on the skin and the inner suit, re-attaching the velcro is actually fairly quick. It's easier if I can put the suit on a table. I believe I was lucky and got a skin with non-stretch velcro, which no doubt helps.

Overall I'm very happy with the suit. It's really easy to dive and to manage the bubble. Granted I have no real experience with other suits. My only quip is with the pockets. Not as much the sagging as the "floppiness" of them. Some stiffer nylon fabric inserts might help.

Henrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom