Fusion One vs Fusion Technical

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seattlepaul1975

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all....wrapping up my OW course the next 2 weekends and starting to price out the gear that I will want to buy......we are doign our Dry suit dives in Fusion Technical Suits...I know that the Fusion one is list at $999 vs the 1699 of the tech.

Thoughts on each?

Thanks!

I haven't seen or dived the new one, and I'm not honestly sure why it's so much less expensive. But it is back zip as opposed to self-donning, and it does not come with the SiTech ring system. I do not believe the neck ring is even an option, because of the way the suit is made. I would assume you could put the wrist rings on as an aftermarket thing.

In addition, the One comes with the Sport type, Lycra skin, without pockets, whereas the Tech skin for the standard Fusion has pockets. You can use something like X-shorts (neoprene shorts with cargo pockets) to provide pockets, but it's kind of a nuisance.

I think the One, at the price, is a heck of a deal.

$1599 here Whites Fusion Tech Drysuit | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

That is still a large price jump though. I would speak to mike at DRIS before discounting the neck ring altogether on the Fusion One, I thought he mentioned he was going to try and do an install to see how it went. The One skin is probably what the Tech skin should have been but with pockets, it does appear to be more durable and at least has real knee pads.

DRIS was recently running (maybe still going) a deal where you could get the Premium seal warranty (free seal replacement for life, $250 value) for free if you bought a new drysuit. That would be a great thing to get, especially if the One can't get a SLT neck ring.

Personally, if the One can't take both SLT wrist and neck rings, I'd write it off... one round of replacement of wrists and neck seals at DRIS would be $170 (plus shipping costs and turn around time). You will replace seals more often than you like, and the cost difference between the $999 suit that, at best, can take a $200 SLT wrist system will be eaten away when compared to the $1599 drysuit that for $249 can have easily replacable wrist and neck seals, and for an extra $250 (or free, see above offer) can have those seals sent to you free for life. I would say get the Fusion Tech (or Bullet if you can try it and see how you feel about the reduced flexibility some others have panned) with the SLT rings and try to get the 'Premium warranty for free' deal thrown in, which would mean free silicone seals just a mailing envelope away for life.

Thanks all for the input...I am going to think on it see if I can find one of the "One's" in a local shop. I am doing all my dives in rental Fusion Tech....I tend to have the go big spending issue :) So at the end of the day, I am betting I wind up with the Tech, but lets see what happens :)

Thanks again for the quick replies.

from what I have heard the fusion one is not upgrade able and due to zipper placement in the back cannot be switched to the necktight system. So its a good entry suit but I would go with the tech or sport if you want to buy the tech skin later. if you do alot of shore diving the tech skin is better being able to take a fair bit of a beating compared to the other. Plus you can also put the necktight system in it which makes a broken neck seal easy to fix.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom