Fusion Neck Seal??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

junior2725

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just recently got the fusion, but unfortunately the neck seal doesn't seem to fit. It seemed okay when I first tried on the suit in the store - we didn't trim it. But when using the suit, I always get water into it. It seems that if I move my head even the slightest bit a pocket is created in the neck seal, big enough to fit one of my fingers. My LDS is contacting whites, we are thinking to send it back and have them put in a new seal. I may have them put in a neoprene seal, my lds says that they last longer and are warmer. Other than the problem with the neck seal, the suit fits great. Is anyone else having this problem with the fusion?

I just dove my first two dives with my new Fusion on Saturday and I didn't have any problems with the latex neck seals. The DM at the dive shop trimmed it for me initially and I stretched it on a tank overnight but the neck was still really tight. So I did more trimming and found a good fit.

After diving, I was as dry as a bone. No water came in on either wrist nor on the neck.

I love the suit too.

Thom

Whites Can certainly install a cone seal (you acn trim it to fit), or if your dive shop is repair savvy - we can send a seal and they can install it. This will save time and money - but will not be as "clean" as when we do it....

Cheers,
Tyler

Whites Can certainly install a cone seal (you acn trim it to fit), or if your dive shop is repair savvy - we can send a seal and they can install it. This will save time and money - but will not be as "clean" as when we do it....

Cheers,
Tyler

Thanks for your reply Tyler. Can you explain what a cone seal is. I am net to drysuit diving. I got this one and am learning how to use it so I can visit my sister in Washington and dive. Not many people dive them here in South Florida. My lds owner used to live in Seattle, so he is very familiar with drysuits and is helping me out. To me it just seems like the seal on the lg/xl suit that I bought is too big. I am 5'10'' and approximately 185lb. The suit fits great, wrist seals fine, its just the neck seal. I don't have any past experience to compare the neck seal fit to. I just know that it leaks from the moment I enter the water. Thanks for your help.

I dived my Fusion for the first time last weekend and the same thing happened to me. I have a really small neck, so I ordered cone seals but the neck is still too loose and I didn't even trim it. :( My LDS is working with White's to make sure I got the right seal.

Tyler, have you ever heard of anyone with an 11-12" neck not fitting into the cone seal?

Tip for those ordering a Fusion...

Whites puts 2 different size neck seals on the Fusion that are bigger. If you are getting the larger sizes, but you don't have a large neck, make sure that when you order your suit, that you request a Fusion with a smaller neck seal. Otherwise, your neckseal will be too big. I would recommend trying the suit on to check the neckseal before you dive it.

There is a possibilty that a neck that is 11-12" may be too small for cone seals. We have tried to hit the biggest audience possible with our cone seals - but 11-12" may betoo small.

Can you pls pm me with the serial number from inside your suit?

I'll get to the bottom of it.

Cheers,
Tyler

sorry for the minor hijack, but would it be easy or difficult to install a neoprene neck seal on a Fusion suit that originally had a latex seal, say if the seal needed changing anyway? would would it involve, roughly speaking?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom