Fusion Drysuit, What Boots do You Use?

What boots do you use with your Fusion Drysuit?

• Fusion Boots

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Chuck Taylors (or similar)

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Evo3

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Wetsuit boots

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Pinnacle Tecline

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hollis Rock Boots

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • DUI Rock Boots

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Scubapro Rock Boots

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been diving a Fusion drysuit for about two year and am very happy with it. I tried wetsuit boots and they were okay then I got a pair of EVO boots. The EVOs were great for walking on a shore entry but felt big and clunky in the water and required a very large fin. I also did not like that both kinds of boots were not attached to the suit.
Once at a dive site I unloaded all my gear and started suiting up and could not find one of my wetsuit boots. Fortunately I had a spare pair. After diving when we were putting out gear in the cars one of the other divers discovered my missing boot in his car. He thought it was one of his spare boots and put it in his car while we were gearing up.
Now I have Fusion boots and love them. They are attached to the suit and I can hang the suit upside down from the boots to dry. Light, comfortable, not bulky and can use normal size fins. Not as good as EVO for walking but better for diving and still okay for shore entries as well.
We are all different and sometimes we have to try different gear to see what works for us personally. That is why I rent before buying where possible to try different gear.

Are there any Felt Bottom Rock Boots? Here in Okinawa a pair of rubber soled boots will assist you in falling on your backside so felt bottom booties are a must. Just getting into Dry Suit diving and looking for a good boot. Only ones i can find are Waders, guessing i'll just have to get a size or two bigger in the Reef felt bottom Booties sold here locally to make it work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom