Fusion Drysuit Boot Options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taath

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Have a Fusion Bullet (looking at changing skins) currently using the Fusion boots. Not super happy with the Fusion boots.

They seem to make getting my feet into the suit a bit more challenging and the sole of the boots keeps sliding on me. They just have zero support.

Looking at alternatives such as using wetsuit boots, the Evo 3 boots, or some Chuck Taylor's.

What has worked for you fusion drysuit divers?

wetsuit boots work far better than anything else I have tried... though I can't use scuba wetsuit boots because no one makes them that fit. I use kayaking boots

I have the evo3 boots and like them for the shore diving in norcal. I got them at a discount else I probably would keep using wetsuit boots.

Yup, EVO3's for rocky stuff, chucks for sand, wet suit with stiff soles for all around.

Wetsuit booties for myself and my buddy (we both dive Fusions) Had my sport skin on in this pic..

booties.jpg

Thanks all! Side question for you Doby......have you tried the Bullet skin? If so, how do you feel it compares to the sport skin for flexibility.

Personally, I am finding the bullet to be a little restrictive, wondering if getting a sport skin is worth it.

i own a sport, a tech, and a bullet skin. i had to go up a size on the bullet skin because it is quite a bit less flexible and i was already pushing the limit of XL. i usually dive the tech skin. the sport skin is a lot less substantial and the tech skin is still pretty flexible.

I have the Bullet skin also and I have no issues with its flexibility. I am going through Cavern/Cave training soon and for that I am using the Bullet so I have been using it more as of late. No issues. The Bullet literally feels to me like I am diving my 5mm wetsuit. I am also doing my training in back mount doubles and I have no issues reaching the valves. I am 5'10" 210-215lbs (more 215 after holidays) L/XL suit.

Agreed, the Fusion boots are crap. Best option for me is wetboots and use them on all dives.

Back
Top Bottom