Fusion Bullet Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

itsmeok

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know there are plenty of articles on the Fusion Bullet. Having recently purchased one I’d thought I’d give a quick review – hopefully it will help someone.

First a bit of background. I dive around Sydney in Australia and have always dived wet. I own 3 wetsuits – a 3mm, 5mm and 7mm. The 7mm I wear year round – it’s a dry ice with inbuilt hood. In winter I wear sharkskin vest and socks underneath. There’s always a running discussion in Sydney on whether you need a drysuit to dive through winter or a wetsuit is warm enough. My opinion – you can get by with a wetsuit- you’ll be a lot more comfortable in a drysuit.

Need to be clear – the Fusion Bullet is the first drysuit I have dived and have 3 dives in it – excluding when I tried it in the pool – so this is not a comparison of other drysuits and is first impressions.

Weight – I added 6 pounds (total 28 pounds) from what I used with my Dry Ice – did a weight check today – this is pretty much perfect for me – maybe a little heavy. I did this with 50 bar in my cylinder – a 12.2 Litre Faber Steel. I’m 185 cm and 88kg.

Seals – wrist seals I haven’t trimmed. Neck seal I’ve trimmed one ring. I found the neck seal uncomfortable at first. Then I pushed it down under my adams apple and now don’t even notice it.

Warmth – excellent. Bought some warm socks and have the Thermal Fusion Undergarment. Today the water was 16C and I was warm but not hot.

Buoyancy control – excellent. Better than when I dive my wetsuit. Have only done reasonably shallow shore dives so far. Use my BCD for buoyancy only at the surface. Enter the water with the arm vent closed and open it just before descent. I dive with it fully opened.

Donning/Doffing – had a really good explanation of how to do this at the pool. So have followed these instructions and its very straightforward. Love that I can zip myself up (unlike my Dry Ice which has a zipper on the back).

Cleaning – when I get home I put the suit on, get the garden hose and hose myself down. I then hang the suit up on a hanger with the suit draped at the middle and hose a bit more. Definitely more work than a wetsuit which I soak for a bit in a tub of fresh water. Drying time is a few days but putting it on wet is not like putting on a damp wetsuit….also need to remember to wax the zipper! (And where I put the wax!)

Summary – so far I love it.

Great review! Thanks so much for posting it!

Back
Top Bottom