Fusion Bullet questions for owners/former owners.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just bought a fusion sport, thanks!

I am very pleased with my Fusion Bullet. I have just over 100 dives in it and it does a great job at keeping me dry. Bubble is easy to manage. I have no issue donning or doffing the suit. The Bullet skin is good if you are caving or wreck diving as it is durable and can take the abuse. The Sport skin is great for open water or other diving that does not require a skin as durable as the Bullet/Tech. The other great thing about the Fusion is you can get the other skins as your finances come available or as the items themselves come available at a nice discounted price. I have the Bullet and Sport skins.

Congrats, I know you will be happy. Would love to hear your perspective after a couple of dives.
I'll certainly post my thoughts, but my perspective will be skewed having no prior experience to compare it with.

I think having no prior experience will help establish an unbiased and first time user perspective.

Got the suit (sport) in today. While I can see why some people would think it's hard to get on and off, it really isn't if you pay attention to the instructions. It fit great, and was less restrictive than Henderson Hyperstretch wetsuits. What I didn't expect, was the rockboots and socks that were in the package with it. They were size 14/15, I wear a 13 shoe, but with the sock and drysuit, I don't think I'll have any issues at all. It also had a full set of whites underwear, and an extra jacket.

Class is set up, gotta get a hood, get with the instructor to get my seals trimmed right (I'm a fat powerlifter type, the neck seal tried to kill me) get a P valve installed, and see about adding a glove system.

I had the original Whites for about 3 years. Agreed that version of the suit was noisy. It was also clammy inside on the surface after the first dive. Got the new Aqualung Bullet Fusion with oval SLT rings and aircore. Aircore is a game changer. It's quiet, moisture doesn't condense on the surface, and because it breathes it keeps me about 20 degrees cooler on the boat between dives. No more sweat box. I love it

Short pool dive with it Friday.
1st thing, it's very surprising the first steps into the water taught me what vacuum sealed meat feels like.
2nd thing, Very streamlined. I completely understand the comparison to wetsuits.
3rd thing, the little bit of noise on the surface are completely gone underwater.
4th thing, i learned exactly what people mean by "managing the bubble" lol fun times.
5th thing, I got just a but wet behind the valves. On the chest valve, i screwed up and got the LP hose in the water before i connected it.
No moisture near the seals.
Shorts and short sleeve shirts are not the best idea for a bag suit.
Donning and doffing has a learning curve for sure, but it's no big deal.
Overall, I'm happy with it.

The first time I tried a Fusion I wore just a 1mm compression top and pants (non-wicking). I was soaking wet after the pool dive and thought seals had leaked. Nope - just condensed sweat. A set of thin merino wool tops and bottoms as the inner layer against my skin made a tremendous difference. Drying out the suit is made much easier with a length of 3/4" PVC pipe connected to the exhaust of a wet-dry vac.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom