Funny!! Where can I buy an "SAS Underwater Notes"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shaka Doug

Contributor
Reaction score
Kihei, Maui, Hawaii 96753, middle of the 808!
# of dives
Aloha SB'ers!

I was on the Sundance III
boat1.jpg

here on Maui the other day and there was a Japanese client on board with us. She had a crazy little dive slate/note book with her. It had several waterproof pages with different phrases that were in translated in Japanese, English and French. The direct translations and the subjects covered cracked me up and the whole boat was laughing out loud reading it. One that comes to mind was: "I am Freezed"!! LOL!!

I am trying to find out where to buy one. The SAS website is all in Japanese so I can't read it but I did find the picture of the "SAS Diver Notes" that I am looking for.

20953.jpg

Here's a link to the webpage. It's the fourth item up from the bottom.

http://www.sas-corp.com/txt/sas/sas-uti.html

Does anyone here know where I might purchase one? Mahalo!!!

Aloha and Shaka!

Doug

You may want to email to this address to ask if they have this in stock or order this for you:

tanida@dtnd.jp

Tell them you need SAS UNDER WATER NOTE item no. 20953. The other item no. 20954 is for spare pages.

Tanida is an on-line dive shop who can send dive equipment oversea from Japan. I have used them to buy many hard to find equipment made in Japan before. The manager Miss Tomoko Higuchi understands English so communication has never been a problem. They are very nice people and are willing to help. When you write to them, remember to use plain simple textbook-type English to avoid confusion.

If that doesn't work, let me know and I will ask if my local distributor can order one for you.

h

removed...

Last edited:
There are other companies that retail underwater notepads.

Have a look at the Halcyon 'Wetnotes'.
HalcyonNotebook.jpg

I had some small waterproof notebooks that were issued in the UK military (RM Commando and specifal forces issue). They were made by a company called 'Watershed'. I always keep one in my wetsuit pocket. Even if I don't use it, it lasts (literally) for hundreds of dives and doesn't degrade.
aHR0cDovL2Nkbi5ldXJvZmZpY2UuY28udWsvX2ltYWdlL2l0ZW0vX2xhcmdlLzM3NzkxMF8wLmpwZw====.jpg

Thank you H! I'll try contacting her.

Devon, thank you too but the notes you are referring to are just a blank notebook. The SAS ones I want are hilarious to read!! That's why I want them. I can always use a good laugh!

Back
Top Bottom