Fuller Lake - May 1st or 2nd?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like we have to wait until 10:00 AM. I just spoke to someone and they won't have anyone to check us in until 10:00 Sunday morning, so see you guys then. I'll have the burgers and the dive flag. Also, don't forget to bring your c-cards. They need to make a copy of that to file with the waivers.

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/parks/pinegrovefurnace.aspx

-Frank

Can do 10 it is then, I have plates flateware etc and a roll of trash bags do ya think a flag is needed since there are no boats on that lake? I dont care either way, maybe it a park rule or something to have a flag? Last time I was there there is not anyplace to launch a boat.

Unfortunately, the towed dive flag is a park rule. Not as much for boaters, but for the fisher-folk that could try to land you thinking you're a 'lunker.' :wink:

NOTE: I just got a single tank wing off eBay last month and I have to try it before going on vacation in a couple of weeks. I'll probably try to do one dive on a single... Unless I can get into the pool next weekend.

-Frank

Judas Priest, I just checked the weather and they're calling for T-Storms on Sunday. I'll check again tomorrow, but since we're all 'local' it's not a big drive if we show up and then have to go home. :)

-Frank

I'll be there at 10:00, seems like the weather might cooperate with us, chance of T/Ss in the afternoon.

Yeah, I can't believe how nice it's been today. Tomorrow looks like it's shaping up to be nice while we'll be there. DiveH3, since I haven't met you yet, I easy to find. I drive a bright yellow Nissan Xtrerra, so I'm hard to miss. See you tomorrow.

-Frank

OK well I didn't think about the anglers, I see ya'll tomorrow I will be in a big white Jeep

Had a great time, Fuller lake is a nice dive. It will take days for my gear to dry though since I intentionaly left part of my undergarment in my neck seal to see if it would keep me warm even when wet. ............. Yea thats my story. Well in case you wonder , wet= COLD

Diveh3 saved lunch with his "ooops" and scuba punk well I'm glad you didnt have to use a road flare to start the BBQ brickets....Next time I'll bring lighter fluid.

It was a good day, thanks guys need to do it again.

Absolutely. It's a nice dive area and now that we have a better feel for it, we can take 'goodie-bags' next time. I want that train! :) It was nice to see the wagon wheel again and maybe the next time we'll head out towards the middle more and see if we can find the mine entrance... Look, the bag of charcoal said "Fast-Light" and "Premium" so why would i think that it need extra fuel to get it going? :)

-Frank

Had a great time, even with my many-newbie issues!.
No reactions from the "oops burgers", I think they were safe to eat. although I'm not sure what might have been on the improvised spatula (putty knife).

Frank, You should develop that idea of combining lighter fluid and matches included in the charcoal bag. It would be benificial to us who read "fast lighting" and take it literally.

Sylvester, at least your experiment with your under garments was on the last dive of the day. I kind of figured wet=COLD after seeing the reactions of those kids swimming in the lake.

Thanks again for the invite, and patience with me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom