Full Head Protection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brad B

Reaction score
Is there any type of mask, other than commercial diving helmets, that would keep water out of the ears and mouth.It looks like the full face masks take care of everything but the ears, but I want to dive a place I do not want the water getting in anywhere.

Well, its not a septic tank but pretty close. One of the more polluted lakes in the country but one with some very nice artifacts on the bottom. Are the latex hoods part of the drysuit or can you buy them seperately? I would prefer not to spend the bucks on a drysuit, we wade this water with no real problems. I just do not want it in the eyes,ears nose or mouth.

I think perhaps you should not dive this water if you don't think it's safeto get near your eyes, ears, or mouth.

If you do insist on diving in conditions that you feel are that hazardous, you need to take precautions and that includes a drysuit. Keeping your lips and ears dry won't do an awful lot for you if the remainder of your body is immersed in the filthy liquid for 30 minutes.

Even the standard commercial hat is not good enough for contaminated water.

For bad water we use a hat with at least two exhaust valves in series to keep tiny droplets of the nasty water from sneaking in the exhaust where you can inhale it.

If you don't want the water in your ears then you don't want to be in it with less than full protection.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom