Full Foot Twin Jets Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CALI68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I bought a pair of Twin Jets for an upcomming tropical trip. Has anyone had any problems in terms of heel blisters or the like? Should I wear a pair of lycra socks or will they be fine? I have 8 days of diving (16 dives) planned so consider that. They fit nice and snug.

CALI68:
I bought a pair of Twin Jets for an upcomming tropical trip. Has anyone had any problems in terms of heel blisters or the like? Should I wear a pair of lycra socks or will they be fine? I have 8 days of diving (16 dives) planned so consider that. They fit nice and snug.
Lycra socks are fine, but I prefer the Henderson 1/2 mil microprene socks with my twinjets! I just completed 34 dives in 9 days in Cozumel. Not a single blister! My fins fit snug and feel almost a bit tight with the socks, but once in the water, the fins just disappear. I have the bright yellow (softer and slightly positive) full foot twinjets that are without question, the most comfortable and efficient fins that I have ever been diving with.

I bought a brand new pair of Black Full Foot Twin Jets and I got them a little small for a tighter fit. BAD IDEA!!!!! They hurt like hell! The power rails caused massive cramping on the bottom of my feet. Yes, they were fast and responsive and all that but damn those hurt! My fault bcause I got them way too samll...I though a tighter fit would be better...wrong!

Good thing I brought my regular Jets and booties!

I always wear socks in my booties when I dive. Before I did, I went for a long trip in PNG and developed blisters. I just wasn't used to 5 dives a day. I started wearing socks on that trip and have never had a blister again.
On my last trip to PNG, a guy was adding tape to his foot daily. I hate advising people for the fear that they will think I'm a "know-it-all" but I hated seeing him suffer. I told him about socks and he gave it a try. Two days later he thanked me profusely.
I use polypro liner socks as they dry between dives.

I'd use some kind of socks. At the very least take something along to use if it's a problem, you just won't know until you actually dive with the fins.

CALI68:

I returned my full foot twin jets in exchange for open heel version. I dove 6 times in Cancun and Cozumel and they did hurt my feet, plus were hard to get in and out of. Mine were tight to begin with. And the open heel can be used for colder water dives.

Back
Top Bottom