Full foot fin blade size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Puffling

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have full foot fins for vacation to tropical waters, originally I had some Aqua lung ones.

my husband needed some new ones so I bought him some volo race for his birthday, I was impressed as his air consumption and thrust in the water improved noticeably. So i compared them to my full foot and noticed that the biggest difference was the size.

so I bought myself some volo race....... Again the blade size is massively smaller. My dive friends call mine baby fins

now I know he is 4 sizes bigger, but there isn't the same massive difference with our fins for dive boots.

anyone else notice, and anyone know of full foots that have a larger blade size for smaller lady feet? I don't want to take dive boots etc on my tropical vacation, but I'm not happy that the lady's full foot have enough thrust

You could go with a traditional freediving fin, whose blade is considerably longer than any scuba diving fin. You can try something like a Cressi Gara2000 or a Cressi GaraPro LD fin. Also, if there is a deficiency in the mechanics of your kick, a longer fin will not help and may exacerbate the problem.

O.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom