Full Face Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've dived the KM Supermask (just upgraded to the OTS) quite a few times, the Ocean Reef G Diver Mask a couple of times and the OTS Guardian twice. By far the comfort of the OTS, for me, is apparent and superior to the other two, be it from the double seal or whatever. I found that it seemed to fit my face rather well, albeit they all fitted me well.
I think that the Ocean Reef is more of a try-it out kind of FFM, due to the lighter weight, design and purge valve style; whereas the OTS seems to be much more well constructed for an almost commercial/professional use.
Both FFMs will serve the purpose for recreational diving, although if you wish to pursue rebreather training for use with the FFM the OTS or AGA might be the way to go.

I've dived the KM Supermask (just upgraded to the OTS) quite a few times, the Ocean Reef G Diver Mask a couple of times and the OTS Guardian twice. By far the comfort of the OTS, for me, is apparent and superior to the other two, be it from the double seal or whatever. I found that it seemed to fit my face rather well, albeit they all fitted me well.
I think that the Ocean Reef is more of a try-it out kind of FFM, due to the lighter weight, design and purge valve style; whereas the OTS seems to be much more well constructed for an almost commercial/professional use.
Both FFMs will serve the purpose for recreational diving, although if you wish to pursue rebreather training for use with the FFM the OTS or AGA might be the way to go.
For CCR use you must go with a retractable mouthpiece, neither the AGA or OTS have this option, the Draeger Panorama CCR version will do the trick. FFM's have quite a bit of volume floating around the inside of the mask, use with a CCR will have CO2 build up in the mask, sort of using too long of a snorkel. Some will say that an oral/nasal cup add on is enough to limit the CO2 buildup, but I disagree. BTW I have about 500 hours using an FFM on CCR (Meg).

There is a mouthpiece adapter for APD systems that is compatible with the Guardian. That is the reason why I suggested it, I'm well aware of the need to maintain the breathing loop as well as the CO2 buildup from the larger cavity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom