Full Face Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott T C

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey y'all.

I wanted to get some opinions on a FFM.

I am looking at the following two masks and wanted some opinions on them:

- ScubaPro Full Face Mask (Allows me to use/attach my ScubaPro MK17/A700 setup to it.) $569
- OTS Guardian Full Face Mask Package w/ Buddy Phone 2 Channel Communication $1249

I understand that you can get a comms setup for the ScubaPro mask, though I didn't see it on LeisurePro.com while I was looking. I am sure they might have it under the accessories categories or somewhere.

But, lets for the sake of argument...say that both will have Comms...the OTS is a package and has it already...the ScubaPro will get it added on if I go that route.

So...hit me up with some advice! :D

Thanks again y'all! :D:wink::blinking::cool2:

---------- Post added May 4th, 2012 at 08:41 AM ----------

I also looked that the FFM from Kirby Morgan, the EXO-BR which I REALLY like. $989
- Comms: OTS SSB-2010 / Ear/Mic Assemblies: $1045
--TOTAL-- $2,034

While that is significantly more expensive...it would be worth the expense as it is KM product and the OTS has a really long distance for transmitting.

So....Hummmm......:coffee:

Last edited:
Must agree the OTS Guardian is "Top of the Heap" .... good fit, excellent comms and pretty good price !

Either way get some training on the new techniques and troubleshooting problems that will come with diving a FFM.
And get a consistent buddy with a comm system so you can actually get your money's worth out of it.

I just noted the mention of an EXO-BR. If you are not working underwater, don't waste your money. It is really more mask than you will ever need for recreational scuba. Heavy too compaired to the other msaks that have been discussed.

If you want to make a statement, get either an AGA (public safety divers) or a Superlite 17 (commercial). I certed in an AGA, really cool, but gawd, not for recreational diving...

If you just want to be different (or really need coms) and not look like a massively moneyed jerk, the supermask is a solid choice.

Ditto for the supermask. Got mine for $400. Allows for gas switching and keeps it tight on your face. I found the aga/guardian to leak air at the temples unless I ratchet it down. Second benefit to the supermask is in an emergency. You can gas switch without having to remove the ffm and switch to a backup mask at the same time as doing a gas switch

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom