Full face mask question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all for your thoughts on this topic.

I have taken my mask to three local dive shops and they all agree that it does fit just fine.

I have tried several other kinds of masks with the same issue, it seems to always leak right under the nose, even when I shave my mustache all the way off, or apply a good coat of whatever over my lip area.

So I am really don't know what to do at this point, and am feeling a little beaten down at the moment.

anyone got any suggestions?

Keep shopping.

Regardless of what they told you at three LDS's, it does NOT fit fine - or it would not be leaking.

Having said that, I don't know why people get so fussed about having to clear periodically - no more difficult than equalizing the mask.

Keep shopping.

Regardless of what they told you at three LDS's, it does NOT fit fine - or it would not be leaking.

Having said that, I don't know why people get so fussed about having to clear periodically - no more difficult than equalizing the mask.

I am not fussing over a little clearing, that I can deal with. It's having to clear every minute that drives me crazy, and by the time I clear it's up to my eyes.

I am not fussing over a little clearing, that I can deal with. It's having to clear every minute that drives me crazy, and by the time I clear it's up to my eyes.

FWIW, that was a generic statement.

I have a bit of whisker as well, and get some small leakage as a result. I do trim a little closer under the nose, but do not apply anything (I have been told Vaseline is bad for the silicone of the mask). This leakage is definitely in the minor category, and not worth changing a mask over.

I do find that when I swim straight down my mask fills pretty quickly. I am convinced the culprit here is me doing something weird with my forehead when in that position. Still easy to clear,though, but at least it is not constant. I'm thinking botox might fix it for me :).

Bottom line for you, if your mask is filling that fast it plain does not fit. It is apparently not all that unusual to have to try many multiples before finding the right one. Keep looking, keep the faith, and good luck in the hunt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom