Full Face Mask Choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Guardian doesn't need a "special valve" in the chin because it vents through the main diaphragm. The venting of the OR is through the chin was an artifact of the original design coming from a gas mask. The pressure differential requires a restriction valve to prevent free flow when inverted.

Thanks. If I understand your reply correctly, due to its design the OR requires a restriction valve to prevent free flowing while inverted where as due its design ustilizing the diaphram for venting the OTS Guardian does not. I believe that is one less thing to fiddle with on the OTS mask.

There are no external adjustments on the Guardian or the Interspiro.

The Guardian doesn't need a "special valve" in the chin because it vents through the main diaphragm. The venting of the OR is through the chin was an artifact of the original design coming from a gas mask. The pressure differential requires a restriction valve to prevent free flow when inverted.

I think you just answered the question I had about why the Kirby Morgan M-48 has a spring valve on the chin for purging water as opposed to a standard mushroom valve.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom