Full face during deco.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you can't trust your block trust your checks and trust you will remember checks and check throughout your dive

so what are you going to do otherwise in relation to everything

and even though FFM comms it is suggested may have prevented many diver deaths, how many divers dive them

so I don't think there really is an answer to much anything at all

I have 18 years experience with a couple of different full face masks one being the aga full face mask by interspiro. I myself am thinking of extending my range in terms of raking up some deco diving and am thinking of different solutions because I just love diving full face mask however I agree with wat is being said here some advice would and thoughts would be good at the moment I have a switch block but it is more of a bailout block not a switch it is basically a manifold which I have my main cylinder plugged into with a one way valve it then has my pony bottle plugged into it so I can afectavly breath down boath cylinders at the same rate when it is open at the block. If I where to do deco diving it would only be with one gas mix same in boath cylinders so I do not come into potential issues. However I could get a switch block but say I was to have it in the wrong position before a dive this could be fatal I can not assume this would never happen because my checks are good simply isent good enough what do people think
No. If you find an instructor that would even allow it, and especially at the intro to tech level, run far and wide away from said instructor.

If you can't trust your block trust your checks and trust you will remember checks and check throughout your dive

so what are you going to do otherwise in relation to everything

and even though FFM comms it is suggested may have prevented many diver deaths, how many divers dive them

so I don't think there really is an answer to much anything at all
Thanks for the feedback in my opinion you should not be using two difrent gasses with a switch block as the potential for failure is to great can you confirm I am right in thinking this or can you think of a solution I am looking at options but I am not going to jump straight into it without careful planning and consideration

funnily enough though there is now a place for FFM and deco with the IWR protocols
The original IWR paper from Clipperton was published around the same time as this thread was started.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom