Full Cave with CCR -- not OC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, except I just sold all of my OC gear (3 sets of doubles and so forth in the past year) and not sure I want to re-invest. I guess I could rent or maybe use my BO for side mount? I have all of the regs and so forth still but was looking at putting OC behind me except for teaching and diving with my wife (she is just OW).
I don't understand this, I still use all my OC gear for CCR diving.

CCR Cave is lovely and I'd prefer to never do an OC cave dive again. That said I like @tbone1004 's comments. Experiencing the clock of OC is important. I think if it was me I would look for the mixed class. Get OC Cave and CCR Cave at the same time.

, are you going to let the entire day go to waste vs. amending the dive plan and hopping in with a set of doubles. I know Tampa isn't that far from cave country but I can promise you I never head to a dive side without the ability for an OC contingency plan.
I just find something fun to do around cc like go on a hike, visit shops or friends, then head home. It's a 2.5 hour drive from Tampa for me and I usually have 2 people's ccrs on board. I've got a big truck but throwing doubles in too gets to be not worth it as a contingency.
If I was doing a class, I sure as hell would have contingencies.
I don't understand this, I still use all my OC gear for CCR diving.
I don't. I have separate ccr and oc gear. I dive a bm ccr with onboard 50s or dive a bm ccr with sm steel bailout tanks (usually 50s). My ccr regs are set up differently than my oc regs for both sm and bm setup. I could put together a set that covers all in one, but it wouldn't be individualized to each setup (ie my bm onboard 50s setup has its own inflation bottle, so I don't need an inflator on the doubles regs I use. But when diving oc bm my inflator comes from the doubles. Not worth pulling an inflator on and off all the time and not worth it diving caves to leave an extra inflator on when diving ccr).

Wibs, u know me and hopefully trust my judgement....do it on oc first, u could do full mine in uk and then at least you will be in a similar environment temperature and exposure suit configuration for the future.

Pretty sure Michael Thomas does do full care but uses some of the mines to achieve the certification.

There is an awful lot of benefit to knowing how to do it on oc first though.

Il
AJ:
Ah, but not where I live.
l come to you. Pay full retail on class and rebreather from me and I’ll brt.

@Wibble I'll be doing some UK mines between Xmas and New year. Happy to meet you at one if you've not done one before

Holme Bank will be in condition too soon Wibs and access is easier now if you fancy some original Bakewell Pudding.

I hear the Holme Bank access 'rules' have changed, requiring BCA membership / insurance. Also the water level was a good metre shallower than normal; hopefully this will top up now :)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom