Full Cave with CCR -- not OC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Holy smokes, that is gorgeous. Thanks!

DW

Isn't it

but don't thank me, thank this guy he may have bought the company but I bought the house near the pond

Maybe time to get some Bogaerts going on

happy diver doing aluminium tanks in sidemount, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

been dreamin about if for years

Is there a course for this, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

and they're playing the right music hey Boltsnap

Isn't it

but don't thank me, thank this guy he may have bought the company but I bought the house near the pond

Maybe time to get some Bogaerts going on

happy diver doing aluminium tanks in sidemount, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

been dreamin about if for years

Is there a course for this, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

and they're playing the right music hey Boltsnap
I did a few guided dives with Steve a long time ago and he is a great dude, I hope he's doing ok. If I had to come up with the dive I'd least like to do with a CCR, it would be a cave dive with lots of ups and downs in 40 ffw...

I am also interested in cave on CCR. I am heliotrox certified on the JJCCR and also Normoxic trimix certified open circuit. Looking to find an instructor, either IANTD or TDI to do cave. I move to Florida, in the Clearwater area, on Wednesday and looking forward to expanding my diving. I am from PA and usually do cold water quarries and the Great Lakes. Any instructors that might fit my profile? I am also getting old, 48, but think I have at least 17 years under my belt before I stick to just the reefs.

I am also interested in cave on CCR. I am heliotrox certified on the JJCCR and also Normoxic trimix certified open circuit. Looking to find an instructor, either IANTD or TDI to do cave. I move to Florida, in the Clearwater area, on Wednesday and looking forward to expanding my diving. I am from PA and usually do cold water quarries and the Great Lakes. Any instructors that might fit my profile? I am also getting old, 48, but think I have at least 17 years under my belt before I stick to just the reefs.
Congrats on moving to Clearwater. St Pete and the surrounding area is awesome.

Do it on OC.

I hate when I agree with @PfcAJ :p

I would recommend doing your cave courses on OC as well. There are a few psychological things that happen on open circuit that tend to go away with CCR, particularly the tick tock of your gas reserves going away that I really thing you need to experience. The other is that if your CCR fails or you live locally and want to pop out for a quickie it's always good to keep a set of doubles/sidemount around to make for an easy day of diving. Nothing obviously stopping you from taking the full CCR course and then diving OC on your own but it's not a bad thing to have a real start.

The other thing you could do is if you find the right instructor and they will mix a few days of OC diving into the CCR course to make sure you get some good time on doubles/sidemount. May be a couple of extra days of training but well worth it.

Yeah, except I just sold all of my OC gear (3 sets of doubles and so forth in the past year) and not sure I want to re-invest. I guess I could rent or maybe use my BO for side mount? I have all of the regs and so forth still but was looking at putting OC behind me except for teaching and diving with my wife (she is just OW).

Yeah, except I just sold all of my OC gear (3 sets of doubles and so forth in the past year) and not sure I want to re-invest. I guess I could rent or maybe use my BO for side mount? I have all of the regs and so forth still but was looking at putting OC behind me except for teaching and diving with my wife (she is just OW).
Tech equipment rental in High Springs was shockingly cheap a few years ago. No idea what isis these days, but rental will be a lot less than you expect if you haven’t dropped by EE or CC and asked.

AJ:
Yes it can, but there aren't a lot of ccr cave instructors. IANTD allows it .Maybe TDI also, don't know exactly. Thinking of going this route too.
There are lots of CCR cave instructors FL

could always just dive with the bailout stuff if you have a sidemount BC but like @PfcAJ said, a set of doubles is like $500 and is not a depreciating asset. The biggest thing to think about is if you have something go wonky on the JJ which you can't fix yourself on site, are you going to let the entire day go to waste vs. amending the dive plan and hopping in with a set of doubles. I know Tampa isn't that far from cave country but I can promise you I never head to a dive side without the ability for an OC contingency plan.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom