Fujifilm Finepix F30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Late reply...
More f30 photo's...

DSCF0356-2.jpg

DSCF0234.jpg

Starlan, thanks for the link to your topside testshots of the F30... I was originally leaning twds the canon SD700 IS, but after reading various reviews of the F30 and seeing actual pics from the F30, I think I've changed my mind... I think I prefer the low light/ high ISO capability of the F30 vs the Image Stabilization of the Canon SD700 IS for my needs.

pakman:
Starlan, thanks for the link to your topside testshots of the F30... I was originally leaning twds the canon SD700 IS, but after reading various reviews of the F30 and seeing actual pics from the F30, I think I've changed my mind... I think I prefer the low light/ high ISO capability of the F30 vs the Image Stabilization of the Canon SD700 IS for my needs.

One of my photo above was using ISO 1600...
I was thinking about f30 vs. another camera.
For the pictures above it was all natural light.

pakman:

No problem, also not to mention the manual controls and excellent battery life (twice as long), but I should warn you, topside, the F30 on Auto can be harder to use than say a Panny or Canon, I think sometimes on full Auto, the F30 gives you more blown highlights and overexposes more and it does suffer from Purple fringing, but there are easy and quick fixes. For example in bright conditions sometimes its better to use Average metering instead of Multi (since its too center weighed), and you get excellent results, also if you overexpose you will get PF at f2.8, but if you sya pick a smaller aperture like f4-f5, it takes care of it even if you overexpose. A cam like the SD700 may do better in bright sunlight on Auto without tweaking any settings, but with a few quick adjustments to the F30 you can definetely get better results. Plus, you just leave the cam on Average metering, or leave it on like -1/3EV with Multi and you use it like its Auto like that. Just a warning, theres no doubt I would still take the F30 over the SD700 anyday, in fact, I was given an SD700 last week as a gift, I in turn gave it away as a gift and kept the F30 :) Just a lot more flexible. Heres a link to an ISO3200 and 1600 image I shot and a challenging contrasty scene shot on Average metering. Hope this helps a little: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1033&message=19653558

alo100:
One of my photo above was using ISO 1600...
I was thinking about f30 vs. another camera.
For the pictures above it was all natural light.

Thanks for the samples Alo100. Natural light is very cool indeed, the high ISO should come in very handy when diving, also the Iflash feature should be very nice high(ish) ISO plus flash. Im still surprised how clean the high ISO images come out with these F series cams. Theyre quite great for compact cams.

Regards,
Sinan

alo100, nice pics as well!

Starlan, thanks for the tips... Seems most people on the various photo/ camera sites have suggested those settings. Again this is going to be more for indoor use.

Now thats what Im talking about!! I wonder how much that set up goes for including all the lenses etc... By the way, what are the lenses, one wide angle, one macro, whats the other one? Another macro? Either way, an awesome set up I would love to have!

PS. How does the flash work? I see its connected with a cable? Where is the cable connected to though? I dont have enough knowledge about strobes but I am guessing there is a sensor where the flash of the F30 is and that it senses it when its fired and sends a signal along the cable to the actual strobe to fire, is this correct or am I way off? Just a casual guess from looking at the setup.

You have a quoted price on all that stuff Alo100 minus the camera itself and the Fuji case?

Before the S-TTL, maybe you want to see some experiment done by someone else:

http://wetpixel.com/i.php/full/inon-d-2000-s-ttl-strobe/

Unlike the DLSR + housing, we do not need to add the extension for the lens housing to hold the lens and then switch to, yet, another housing extension when we try to change lens. Moreover, unlike the case of DLSR, we can change lens during the dive, since they are all wet lens, now this is real convenience (BTW, I am one of those who are waiting for the digital Nikonos). The lens which is ready for f30 is like what you've said, macro, wide angle, and fish eye (as shown in the picture).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom