Ft Wetherill Dive weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Enjoyed a weekend of diving at Ft W. 2 solo dives Friday afternoon. 90 degrees in Jamestown, partly cloudy with calm conditions. Parking lot full with about 40-50 divers out and about. Water temp a toasty 72 degrees and diving without a hood. Vis about 10 feet. Lobsters, blue crabs, scups, black sea bass, taugs, flounder, starfish and star corals. Felt great to be in the water and diving was not crowded despite the number of divers. Friday was Summer.

Woke up Saturday to the Fall in Jamestown. Temp in the 60s with a steady blow from the north and cloudy and grey. Conditions still good at FTW and still lots of divers and other folks. Was able to dive with my daughter which was a treat.

Sunday weather and conditions the same as Sat but I hit the water at 7 AM and had FTW to myself. Lots of different schooling bait fish in the shallows.

Fun weekend. Sat afternoon we went to a beach in Charlestown and while there spotted part of a horseshoe crab on the shore. Reminded me that I use to see horseshoe crabs all over FTW and saw none this weekend or this year. I can't recall the last time I saw one at FTW. What has been your experience?

Happy diving.

I've only been there once and it was back in 87 when I did my open water dives to get my certification. There were a ton of horseshoe crabs back then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom