Ft Wetherill 9-29-18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tkaelin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Was able to get in one more dive this past Saturday at Ft. W. Saturday was a beautiful day coming off a real soaker all day Friday. Dove in the early am with an incoming tide and winds from the North. Conditions in the cove calm. Vis was not great in the cove but improved the further I went out. Saw a couple pipefish in the grasses which at first I thought might be juve trumpet fish. Starfish and a ton of juve black sea bass. Lots of lobster shell parts here and there. Only a couple divers gearing up when I went in and quite few more when I exited. Water temp readings were at 66. Nice to get out.

Glad you had a good dive.I was there Saturday, pretty much the same conditions. Vis around the shallows was pea soup, probably close to 10’ in the sand flats. We were looking for tropicals but no luck. All the usual, though. Sea stars, decent size flatfish, some juvenile flatfish. The folks I was with stuck around for a couple more dives and found some trunk fish. It’s been a couple of months since my last dive and I’m still hoping to get in a few more, but, same with me, it was nice to get out.

Came back on Sunday for a paddle. The water looked a bit clearer. Lots of jellies, small clear ones and a number of larger stinging ones. Glad you got in another dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom