Ft Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

traveler218

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm going to be in Ft Lauderdale Next week and hope to do some diving. I'm interested in a few shore dives and am looking for Suggestions and a buddy. Anybody interested P.M. me. I will be staying Near Lauderdale by the Sea. I may be doing a few boat dives but right now I am open to anything.

I am AOW and Nitrox Certified and have about 5O dives in the Last year. A few at BHB but most in Jupiter and WPB. I will be bringing my own equipment except for Tanks and a dive flag which I plan to rent.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I signed up for the "Meet-up" a couple of days ago. I've been getting meet up notices and have signed up for a couple. Was looking for some other options. There doesn't seem to be very many local dives next week.

with the meetup you can post when you want a dive -- and have a good chance of somebody else signing up ---- you can also hire Scuba_Jenny as a guide or one from the shop i think

Gold Coast has become the go to place for beach diving LBTS. Are you looking for a buddy or a guide?

Thanks. I signed up for the "Meet-up" a couple of days ago. I've been getting meet up notices and have signed up for a couple. Was looking for some other options. There doesn't seem to be very many local dives next week.

The problem for most of us who live here is that we are working during week and do most of our diving on the weekends.

South Florida Dive Headquarters has boats going out out of Pompano almost every day. You can always just hook up with a buddy on their boat. Not ideal, but the shallow reefs are easy. Even the deeper wrecks under 80 feet aren't too difficult.

If your willing to drive 60 miles, Jupiter Dive Center hardly ever cancels due to lack of diver interest since Jupiter is a popular dive spot that attracts people who want to see big things like sharks and instructors take students during the week.

I'm sure there are other boats that seldom cancel that SB'ers can post about as well.

Scuba Dive and Snorkel Sunny South Florida, with South Florida Diving Headquarters

Jupiter Dive Center,daily dive charters, scuba classes, equipment.Jupiter Dive Center

Gold Coast has become the go to place for beach diving LBTS. Are you looking for a buddy or a guide?

I've become a "regular" at Gold Coast Scuba this week. I have signed up for several dives. They don't do nitrox, but have been great to help me sign up for dives. Several of the dives I'm scheduled for are on South Florida Dive Headquarters boats.

We did the "Rodeo 25" wreck this morning and it was GREAT! Visit was 80+ ft. The water was 90 at the surface and 84 to 86 at the bottom with almost no current. We saw 2 Goliath Grouper. It was awesome.

As for shore dives, I wouldn't mind a guide but a buddy would be great. I am staying in the Tropic Seas Resort right on the beach in Lauderdale by The Sea. I tried snorkeling off the beach but vis wasn't that great. I would rather be diving where I can get right down with the fish. I have a new Sealife DC1400 camera and really want to get some good shots.

Would rather not drive up to Jupiter. My wife doesn't dive so the extra driving time just cuts in to the other activities she has planned. I would love to dive the BHB but again the drive from here is a bit long. Besides I have dove Jupiter and WPB a lot over the last year and while they are great dive spots I like the change of pace and scenery here.

I managed to get in seven dives last week one of them a night dive. I'm working on an update to include picture. I'll post it as soon as I get settled com my trip home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom