Ft. Lauderdale - this weekend - Can you recommend a dive operator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djanni

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can you recommend a dive shop for this weekend, Sunday June 26th. I never dived at Ft. Lauderdale.

I'll be driving in from Naples that morning but looking for a morning 2 tank dive. Figuring it's a 2 hour trip I can be there as early as 0800.

Don Janni:
Can you recommend a dive shop for this weekend, Sunday June 26th. I never dived at Ft. Lauderdale.

I'll be driving in from Naples that morning but looking for a morning 2 tank dive. Figuring it's a 2 hour trip I can be there as early as 0800.

I've dived with Pro Dive and had good trips. Big boat, but no drift diving. You have to find your way back to the boat. Great, professional staff, but kind of a mix of divers, and the dives are super-easy.

The American Dream II is highly regarded on this board, also. I haven't used them. IIRC, the trips leave a 8am, and the shops like you there at 7:00

When I joined this board I invited everyone to dive my favotire boats and now they are full on the weekends! - - Jupiter was a big secret now everyone is diving there too.

So... With that in mind Dive A1A and tell your friends.. just remember to tie your gear down and if you go to the head on the way in HOLD ON to something..

Don Janni:

I'd go with SE Oceanic or American Dream II.
They are also the closest to where the interstate will end near FLL airport.

I am diving with SS Minnow out of Jupiter on Sunday afternoon - feel free to join us!

dive4funOften:
I am diving with SS Minnow out of Jupiter on Sunday afternoon - feel free to join us!

I heard a great many good things about that boat. (if this is the same boat that is also in Palm Beach) The captain is suppose to be very good.. which to me is 80 % of the trip right there. That and a boat that will get you there and back without deploying the oars and whips.

SS Minnow

Orlando Eric:
I heard a great many good things about that boat. (if this is the same boat that is also in Palm Beach) The captain is suppose to be very good.. which to me is 80 % of the trip right there. That and a boat that will get you there and back without deploying the oars and whips.

SS Minnow

Sorry for hijacking the thread but.......
I was on the Minnow on Saturday afternoon to dive the Corridor. If it wasn't for Capt. Kelly's great sense of humor, I would have posted a a nasty report on them. Kelly captains but was DM'ing on my trip. The guy driving had the personality of a dead tree.

Firstly, they were late getting back from the morning trip. They got back when the afternoon trip should have been departing.

Secondly, the loading process was as big a cluster as I've seen yet. A few passengers complained they didn't get to sit next to their buddy. The crew should have just taken charge and said your seat has nothing to do with who you're diving with. Instead they started moving gear around while acting a bit PO'd. In the process, they yanked my buddy's doubles off the bench by the isolator and then left it in the middle of the deck so people could stumble around it and stub their toes for a while....

They also need to tell people they can't bring a pianobox-sized dive bags onboard.

Overall, I liked the boat's layout and like I said, Kelly is a funny guy. I also like the dive platform (not a ladder).

They have potential but haven't hit their stride just yet.

The capt of the SS Minnow is actually a captain from the CAymans. I have dove with him on many occassions. He survived Hurricane Ivan and got a newborn baby (6 days old) and his recouporating mother to safety in a very bad storm. I trust him to say the least.

I think the SS Minnow will be one of the best boats to dive on in WEst Palm. It is under new ownership so lets all give it a try. Everyone needs more boats in WEst Palm since we have lost so many operations during the Hurricanes!

Peace man!

Don Janni:

SplashDown, Diversity, and Dixie Divers are my recommendations. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom