Ft Lauderdale Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fda483

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Will be down in Ft. Lauderdale late next week on business. Will bring my gear and hope to get time for one or two days of diving. I usually head to Key Largo when in Florida. Should I stay in the Ft Lauderdale area or head to the Keys? Any suggestions for dive ops? I love reef and wrecks - anywhere I can get some good photos.

Thanks for the info

Joe

In Ft Lauderdale, we have gone with Pro Dive... They go in the afternoon, and are very close to downtown. They do a wreck and a reef every day but thursday when they do two reefs.

They are very close to downtown (where I live) and if you have your own tanks and weights, it's CHEAP... we got the 10 trip card for $350

Thanks Howard - By the way I love your Duane video! Done that dive 4 times, it keeps pulling me back to Key Largo

fda, what dates will you be in FL? There are quite a few of us heading to FLL on the 17th. We will be doing some check out shore diving on 'Marvels Side Yard' on Friday afternoon and a night dive. Then it is all boat diving from that point on. Sat and Sun with Sth Florida Diving, and then we are headed to the Keys Sunday evening to dive with DiveCity USA on Mon-Tues. We are doing 2 tank dives on Sat-Sun and 3 tank dives on Mon-Tues. Our Mon agenda is the Bibb, the Spiegle Grove, and the Benwood, and on Tues we will be doing the Duane and a double on the Eagle.

With the way the weather has been around here for the last month I'm going to wish you all good luck. It seems as though every weekend gets blowen out with hi winds and heavy seas. Some of us locals have been trying to get in the water for weeks with no luck. The weekdays seem to be nice it just seems to be the weekends that suck.

I second Howarde's suggestion on Pro Dive. They are a class act with a nice boat and great staff and crew. They're boat can be a little crowed at times as they are primarily a training shop for everything from OW to Instructor and they can have a boat load of people on board doing training dives. Other then a lot of divers on board at time they are a good op to dive with.

If the weather holds out while you're here give us a shout and maybe some of us dried out Conch Divers can join you.

I know what you mean about the weather, I have been watching the forecast. Since I am traveling on business I am kind of at the mercy of the trip schedule and the weather. So I will play it by ear and see how it goes. I will have a car so I can head east, west or south depending on what looks best. Worst case I carried all my gear down for nothing and I head to a bar for some beers!!!

I have the 17th and 18th off, my weekends are a little strange, so if the weather is nice I'd love to wet my gills again.

Just keep us posted on your trip and what you would like to do as far as types of dives and I'll see what I can do.

Scott, thanks for the offer buddy, but we are all set as far as the diving goes. We are looking for others that might want to join us. Here is the itinerary for the 4 days:

Saturday, February 18th: (Morning Boat Dives)
7 AM (Boat leaves at 8am) South Flordia diving Anicient Mariner & a reef (2 tank dive).

Saturday Evening:
If anyone is up for it, dive Marvels side-yard.
Get together for dinner and drinks or BBQ at the Hotel or ???

Sunday, February 19th: (Morning Boat Dives)
7 AM (Boat leaves at 8am) South Flordia diving Sea Emperor/United Caribbean & a reef (2 tank dive).

Sunday, Afternoon: (Afternoon Boat Dives)
12:30 PM (Boat leaves at 1PM) South Flordia diving Wreck Alley & a reef (2 tank dive).

Monday:
The 3 tank trip diving The Duane, The Spiegel Grove, and The Benwood.

Tuesday:
The 3 tank trip diving The Bibb and a Double Eagle dive.

I might be able to join you on the Saturday morning dive. I have to work that Sunday so Saturdays the only day I can go. Sure wish I had Monday off, that sounds like a good trip.

I'll see what I can do about Saturday and drop you a PM if I can make it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom