Ft. Lauderdale Dive Boats Banter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReneeC

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok - I know you said Ft. Lauderdale but you did list Pompano and Deerfield so what about North Dade or even Miami area? Separate list or make this a South Florida Dive Boat list ..... ? There is some great operators just 20 minutes south of Ft. Laud. plus a whole bunch of new wrecks and reefs to explore.

ReneeC:
Ok - I know you said Ft. Lauderdale but you did list Pompano and Deerfield so what about North Dade or even Miami area? Separate list or make this a South Florida Dive Boat list ..... ? There is some great operators just 20 minutes south of Ft. Laud. plus a whole bunch of new wrecks and reefs to explore.

There is. Send them to me and I'll update the list.

Marc

Will Do! Thanks

Thats a pretty big list. So who do you use?
It would be useful if the list had a rating like:
Highly Reccomended, Reccomended, Average, Never again.
Mike

wb, you are probably right, there should be a rating system, however....there are so many dive boats down here, if one gets mentioned as top notch, I would believe it....
My pick? Diversity outa Deerfield Beach, Splashdowndivers in Boynton, ParrotIsland Scuba outa Pompano.

When I put the list together it was based on input from everyone here - I asked for thier recommendations.

It might be tough to get an agreed upon ranking. For example I too like Parrot Island, but prefer the Deeper Fleet in Boynton. It's all pretty subjective, but someone here liked them or they wouldn't have been put on the list.

Someone has also raised the question about keeping Scubatyme on the list given Mike's experience with them this past weekend.

Marc

FLL Diver:
Someone has also raised the question about keeping Scubatyme on the list given Mike's experience with them this past weekend.

Marc

Keep them on with the bad info included so that new divers know to stay clear of them for the time being, at least.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom