FS: EPIRB with underwater canister

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know whether these location beacons will work in Asia Pac dive locations and also Maldives? Thanks.

I was one of the ones waiting to buy this item from the OP. I never heard back from them. I have since found a better deal. I found out that McMurdo has come out with a smaller GPS unit for less money. I bought mine from Sigma Marine in Tarpon Springs, FL. I dealt with a lady named Sharon. She is a wonderful person to deal with. Their phone number is 727-934-0794. Her email address is sharonaschuster@yahoo.com . The unit I have is a McMurdo FastFind 210 with GPS. I bought a canister from the closeouts page of omsdive.com. Here is a link:

Product Listing ACR

You can get the ACR PLB but it is more money and bigger unit. The canister is on closeout so I can not guarantee its availability. However it shows it is still in stock.

Hope this helps,

Karl

Did the OP ever sell this item?

John
No
I was one of the ones waiting to buy this item from the OP. I never heard back from them. I have since found a better deal. I found out that McMurdo has come out with a smaller GPS unit for less money. I bought mine from Sigma Marine in Tarpon Springs, FL. I dealt with a lady named Sharon. She is a wonderful person to deal with. Their phone number is 727-934-0794. Her email address is sharonaschuster@yahoo.com . The unit I have is a McMurdo FastFind 210 with GPS. I bought a canister from the closeouts page of omsdive.com. Here is a link:

Product Listing ACR

You can get the ACR PLB but it is more money and bigger unit. The canister is on closeout so I can not guarantee its availability. However it shows it is still in stock.

Hope this helps,

Karl
Doc, sorry I didn't get back to you. I think I committed to email prospective buyers the next time I was in Singapore (where the epirb is), which will be this weekend. As noted above, the technology has passed me by, to a degree. Nevertheless, if anybody is still interested, I will sell my epirb and canister for $300 plus shipping from Singapore. Below that it is not really worth the hassle of packing and shipping it in my limited time there, so I am not negotiable. Thanks to all those who have expressed interest.

VKTAM,

These beacons are suppose to work world wide. The beacon when turned on will notify NOAA. NOAA will alert the appropriate search and rescue authorities. Or this is the way it is meant to work.

This item is sold. And I threw in a cam-band.

Product Listing ACR

Hope this helps,

Karl
Thanks for the link to the OMS canister. I have been looking for a while for something like this. I had built one DIY out of PVC but it is big, heavy and causes airport security to freak out.

Thanks for the link to the OMS canister. I have been looking for a while for something like this. I had built one DIY out of PVC but it is big, heavy and causes airport security to freak out.

That is funny. I did the same thing. I recieved my OMS canister the other day and it is nice. A little large overall but smaller than the one I made. Definetly more waterproof. Lots of room for extras too if you want to put it in there.

Good luck,

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom