frozen wrist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all4scuba05

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
tried my new drysuit today...first dive froze my right wrist... second dive, froze my left wrist...can it be that the latex wrist seal was too tight? or is it that the 5mm nonintegrated gloves won't ever help keep them from freezing? and i didn't even go below 10'...

It sounds like you're seals are too tight. But what do you mean by froze? Do you mean it was numb or frozen numb? What was the temperature of the water?

Frozen wrists or numd? Were your hands also cold? If yes then it sounds like the seals are too tight. If no it sounds like a coverage issue. You could just add dry gloves and be real toasty. Just a thought.

Jet

i dove down thirty feet...computer read 57 degrees...first time with this suit...wrist seals are a bit tight...hands were fine, they never got cold, 5mm gloves were long and covered area under wrist computer...matter of minutes the wrist area was in pain where the seal was located...got out afetr 20 minutes because of this

Latex is not a very good insulator. My wrists can get cold at the seal area. My brother has neoprene neck seal, and it's a lot warmer. I think neoprene wrist seals would also be a lot warmer, if they're available.

Neoprene seals are thicker...thus waaaaaaayyyyy more warmer than the few mil of latex...

Back
Top Bottom