Frozen Navy SEAL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

holy crap I didn't even know 9mm wetsuits existed! Well people are saying they stay warm with these at 50 degrees Camaro Stingray 7mm Mens Semi Dry Front Zipper Suit
Bare 7mm Elastek Full Stretch Suit Men's maybe the SEALs just need to grab a couple of them haha. Apparently they don't compress much like Wetwear's G-231 neoprene allegedly doesn't. The waterproof undersuit for wetsuits certainly is a good idea.

I do remember learning that one of our subs had miraculously stumbled upon a USSR communication line and gleaned great intelligence from it. I wondered how they actually tapped into it though, but it involved the DDS eh.

9mm suits do exist , there fairly popular out here in No. Cali. Excel 9/7/6 semi dry, I love mine keeps me warm even at 43º

Chilling the family jewels raises your sperm count.
Wow. Like croquet balls ;-) I was thinking that 15 yrs on the necessary parts would still be hiding somewhere NNE of the left kidney, vainly trying to get warm again.

I've never been in 1-5C water more than maybe 45 min. in a wetsuit, but frequently 25-30 mins. A 7mm full wetsuit under a 5mm hooded shorty was actually was only a little chilly and only toward the end. The underwater part was a perfectly nice experience. I had 5mm 5-finger gloves. but now I do have 6mm 3-finger gloves (ordinary length) as dry glove backups and they are just wonderful, quite possibly warmest gloves I've used. Everything is by Waterproof ( Waterproof ).
Being in cold water with an excellent wetsuit wasn't really bad at all, but getting out and undressing in the open air... builds character. And turns you blue as a smurf. Might give you a beautiful singing voice though.

oh right it's when you come back out of the water that's worst. A SEAL was saying that he'd hug onto a rock on the beach because it was warmer than he was XD.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom