front zip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ammount of stretch can affect ease of getting out of wet suits sometimes.

thanks for every ones replies. I think Ill try an henderson and buy on line.

Huh?

Nothing is easier. . . My Henderson has a zipper that goes down the left leg. Compare that to the contortions to reach that damn zipper in your back. . . Besides if you run naturally warm, it's way too easy to unzip the front and cool off.

I've worn both a 3mm shortie and a 3mm full jumpsuit with front zip and both were very difficult to remove. I now have a 3mm shortie and a 2.5mm full jumpsuit with back zip and the only problem is to make sure the inside flap is in place before pulling the zipper-pull. No contortions necessary to get to the zipper-pull but you do need to start in the right place.

I agree it is nice to be able to unzip the suit sometimes while diving and it's easy enough with a two-piece farmer john. It's just the one piece suits that I have found difficult. I think the key is that the farmer john jacket unzips all the way and separates while the one piece suits do not.

I really don't get back zips and I REALLY, REALLY wish manufacturers would start making more front zip options. Yes, the front zips can be harder to get off your shoulders. It's easy enough to ask your buddy for help. On the other hand, when you are suited up and sweltering on the dive boat listening to the briefing, the ability unzip the front for ventilation makes a huge difference.

If you are diving with a buddy (which 90% of us should be) self removal shouldn't be a concern.

Comfort and warmth should the priority.

Back
Top Bottom