From Cancun to Cozumel+Mantas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

michshlomo

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My husband and i will spend a week in Cozumel in late September (Blue Angel resort).
This is our first time diving in Mexico and i'm really excited!
I followed lots of tips from this amazing forum, and have a few questions remaining.

We will arrive to Cancun from Havanna in the afternoon.
Should i take the bus or maybe a van? I read the the bus is 13 dolars for a person. How much should the van be?
I read about
cvchief's van guy:) Sounds good, would be happy to use his service, if the price is right.

Also- someone wrote here someone about ferry discount. Is there such a thing?

On a different subjuct- Can anyone tell me when is the season to see Mantas, and is it possible to see them in the area of Cozumel? We've never seen them!

Thanks a lot,
Michal

Here is how you can get to Cozumel from the Cancun airport on the bus www.tinyurl.com/7m3r6 or pick a transfer service like canadatransfers.com or usa-transfers.com Only buy one way ferry tickets...No discount that I know of.

On a different subjuct- Can anyone tell me when is the season to see Mantas, and is it possible to see them in the area of Cozumel? We've never seen them!
The mantas and whale sharks are the other way from Cancun than Cozumel. Cozumel is south of Cancun while the whale sharks and mantas are usually east and north from Cancun, around Holbox and Isla Mujeres.

Thanks for the info guys!
Ron Lee- This is a fantastic link, i saw it a few days ago and coppied it to my tavel document :)
I was hoping for some info on van prices too, if anyone has an idea?

JFS- I might be in touch prior to our trip, to see what's what with the Mantas (as i have already "done" whalesharks in the past).

Non-taxi van prices are easy. Plenty of options. Here are two usa-transfers.com canadatransfers.com

The bus is cheaper for two but some people prefer a private transfer. It is your choice.

someone wrote here someone about ferry discount. Is there such a thing?]
There is, but you have to be able to show proof of local residence. For one of the lines, a voter's credential works, but the other two require card for which you must submit proof of citizenship or legal residence and proof of address along with a small fee.

Sorry I am late to the thread. Sent you all my van info plus Mayair. If you have pesos, you can make a pretty good deal. Why wait and ride the slow plebeian bus when for close to the same price, you can have your own van?

I thought friday i would FINALLY get on Barcos Caribe when we got out of the van at 1:00 pm. Walk normally down and right and they were STILL selling Ultramar for 1pm. Only 2 peeps got on behind us. Sadly the weather deck was FULL and we had to sit inside.

---------- Post added July 26th, 2015 at 05:17 PM ----------

i would have posted sooner but I was having a leisurely breakfast at Buccanos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom