Frogfish on the go...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
the little light just went on and I realized that I can finally post my mpegs. I didn't bother filming because I had no way to share...youtube to the rescue!

I used manual white balance for this clip of a handsome frogfish on Kewalo pipe. Found him because he was on the move...

That is great! I've never seen a frog fish swim! They almost look normal.

Wow, and I had always heard that they weren't good swimmers!!! What a cool video, thanks for posting. :)

From what I have been told, Frogfish are negatively buoyant. They move by sucking in water and shooting it out like jets and move their body to direct where they wanna go.

Very nice video. Thanks for posting it.

Dave

Utterly cool, never seen one as much as twitch before. For some reason, I thought they sort of crawled/walked along on those fins they hang on with.

Lopaka:
Utterly cool, never seen one as much as twitch before. For some reason, I thought they sort of crawled/walked along on those fins they hang on with.
I saw a nice sized one swimming like that close to Makena Landing in Maui, normaly see them thudding along the bottom, great video!

Back
Top Bottom