Friendly PSA, if considering scuba max items, refrain!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I left a review under my company name (CFB) as my amazon account is my business account. Even the pictures I included are the ones I put on here, not very observant..

Interesting. They must be selling in other places. Or under another name. I looked for your pictures-could not find. I searched for Scubamax shears.

Last edited:
I have a feeling there is another vendor selling. Care to link me to what you found? Curious to see.

Dave

Yeah those are definitely different than what I have. Although I do like those better without the sharp tip

I bought a small 3 inch stainless steel ScubaMax knife from a LDS one day. Went diving the next and returned it the following day already rusting.

I did buy the same knife in titanium and it has held up very well for a couple years now.

Basically, their stainless alloy is crap. Their titanium is fine and holds an edge quite well.

Yeah I'm sure they're well aware that the material that they're using is crap. That would explain their response to this issue. They won't get another dime of mine.

Dave

Starts to make the bricks and mortar lds look good again, but I have been accused of being a Luddite.

Yeah it sure does! The guy responded to the amazon investigation yesterday sending the exact same email to send pics. I replied telling him I needed an email address to send them to just like last time he didn't reply. He does this just to appease amazon as they'll now tell me that "he responded" so i'm back at square one. This time I also located another business email address for him and sent him pics and advised him of such. It's no surprise he hasn't responded in the last 24 hours.

Dave

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom