Fridays Photo ~ Turtles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But just a little one...

Canon S45 - British Virgin Islands

3376836%3B23232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2329%3D4%3B%3A%3D537%3Dxroqdf%3E23233997%3B%3A%3A69ot1lsi

Thanks everyone! I think all my turtle pics will be the freshwater variety this year. There's this big ol' Red Ear Slider I keep seeing at the lake......

No, I don't think so. We've been over every inch of that place, night and day, and we've never seen one. We saw a small softshell once but haven't since. What we've seen are Red-Earred Sliders. You know the green ones we used to buy as pets? There's one about 12-14" across that we see late in the evenings....maybe!

Caught this one in St. Thomas in April this year.

stthomasturtle.jpg

Marc

Hi folks -

This is my first post to this message board. I've been diving for about seven years and doing underwater photography for about five. I've recently switched to digital (Nikon D1X in a Seacam housing), but the turtle photos below were shot with a Nikon N90 in a Sea&Sea housing with two Ikelite 200 strobes. All three were photographed off the Kohala Coast on the Big Island, HI.

Turtle_Cleaning_Station_2_500.jpg

0901_Image99_500.jpg

11-turtle_portrait_1_500.jpg

I look forward to participating in this forum. Lots of nice photos.

Thanks,
Jay

Great photos, Jay. I love the last one...so zoned out! The first one makes me think of the new Finding Nemo movie...Grab shell, Dude!

I hope you'll stick around and share more of your work and experience.

Found another turtle shot from Belize

I have to put in my little blurb. :)

Dee-

I love these photo threads that you start. Every day, the first thing that I look for on SB is your photo threads. Keep up the good work...these photos are amazing! :)

Thanks,

Patrick

Back
Top Bottom