Friday Photo ~ Puffers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Or Porcupinefish, or Burrfish... the whole family is facinating, and challenging.

This really bad picture of a Sharpnose Puffer is the only one I've managed that wasn't a butt shot or that you could actually identify it. Please folk...no photos of puffers harrased to puff for the photographers.

abv.sized.jpg

Burrfish...

aai.sized.jpg

Dee,

Is this an advanced Friday pic or am I missing a day here. I Hope that it's Fri and I just sleep through yesterday cuz I'm ready for the weekend.

Awwwwwwwe! I love those sharpnosed puffers, they will always have a special place with me!
During a safety stop in Belize, my buddy pointed at the vicinity of my neck and started giggling. I looked over and saw that a sharpnosed puffer had come up off the reef and got into my loose hair, thinking it was seaweed or something, and he followed me all the way up. I wonder if he was with me for the whole dive?
It was like I was the mothership.

And Geekdiver, I believe it's Friday in Australia. :D

I think it's also Friday in Korea but it still doesn't help me here in Houston. I would love to be in Australia then I could have both the weekend and a great dive site.

Dee, I forgot to mention that the pics were great a always. I'm just trying have a bit a fun with ya. I sit next to a window but even on the best days it still look grey outside cuz of the tint and only serves to remind me how I would rather be diving.

Now if I could only learn to use a camera!

Here's a cute adult (2+ ft) porcupine that I spotted on the wreck of Caribsea, in North Carolina.

-Roman.

P.S. I'd rather believe that it was friday! Makes me feel better :)

Canon G2 in Ikelite housing. Built-in strobe.
05-IMG_0054.jpg

Here's a bullseye puffer on the deck of thew wreck of the Fang Ming off the Todos Santos group near La Paz.

Dr. Bill

And a guineafowl puffer from Cabo San Lucas

Dr. Bill

Okay, one more (not that anyone asked!)... this is a spotted sharpnose puffer from Isla Carmen in the Gulf of California.

Dr. Bill

I come in here every day and check out the pictures. I just wanted to say thank you very much for taking the time to brighten up this Canadians life. :)

Back
Top Bottom