Friday dive in the Gainesville area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OneBrightGator

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I was thinking about heading south this weekend for some salty dives, but since every piece of my gear has never been wet before I figure a dip in the springs to work out any bugs is a good idea.

Anybody up for it? I want to stick to a State/County Park, Troy or Manatee would work, I'll even get somebody into Peacock if they want.

Post or PM please :)

Ben

Hmm, 70 on saturday. I might be up for something if that holds up. Starry, Fred?

I wish I could join you guys!!

I am attending the Highland Games in Orlando on Sat (have to pick up a new practice chanter and reeds for Sean) and am diving Blue Springs on Sunday.

I would love to get back up to cave country the weekend of the 31st - maybe Little River?

On a more positive note - finally got my doubles - they are GREAT!! Tested them out at Paradise on Sunday - great dives and I feel right at home in them (in the water that is - walking up and down the steps was a whole different story)!

Have a wonderful time diving this weekend and let me know if you are open for the 31st!! :)

How about Bonaire? Ok, something local then. Id prefer to do a cave dive, but I'm only cavern, so itd be limiting for you. If you're still up for it, maybe Little River, Teleford, Manatee, Peacock. Again, weather is going to be a limiter for me. Last time we went, I forze my butt off, and am not looking forward to that again. So, if you want to make other plans, feel free. I cant be solid until friday, but I would like to go. Might even want to do Ginnie if its colder, since I can jump in their showers after a dive.

Well, this dive is just to work the kinks out of my brand new gear, definitely no cave, maybe cavern if I feel comfortable with it, but I probably will be doing a fair amount of fiddling at the beginning of the dive.

Peacock would be the top choice for me, cheap but still a decent dive.

Ben

I managed to get an ear infection last Sat. at Peacock so Doc says no diving for 2 weeks. It was worth it though Went with rick and we went through the peanut tunnel and down into pot hole for about 300 ft.
Had a ball. To bad you didn't make it. Might try to get to Manetee at the end of the month if your interested. I mean all of you guys. Let me know.
Fred

Supposed to rain on sunday and monday, so itd have to be saturday. How about Manatee around noon or 11?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom