Friday Afternoon diving or Sat Dives anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gotta love florida monsoon weather..

Talked to Debbie this morning she is going out to the dive site in a few mins to check out the weather.. if its bad then we are scrubbing it :(

FastAttack, The Gooch, and I met this morning and wondered where all of the rest of you were, because it was PERFECT for diving! No waves. No wind. No current. No surge. A bit overcast, but no rain and no thunder or lightning. The vis was decent, and the amount and variety of sea life was endless! Schools of midnight blue parrotfish, many eels, grouper, hogfish, every type of angelfish, and more lobsters than we could have carried back even if it were season! Of course the bugs were pointing at the calendars hanging in their dens and laughing at us.

As advertised, this was a waaaaay far out there dive but worth the swim. We found a real pretty set of parallel ledges facing each other, running east-west, that kept us enchanted for quite some time. The guys are fueling up right now with pizza for a second tank but I called it a day.

Let's try for next Saturday, ok? And you should really feel sorry for yourself that you missed a FANTASTIC beach dive today! :1poke:

Enrique, this is the link to buy a lobster license online. You need a saltwater fishing license with a lobster stamp.

On another topic, the three of us are available weeknights for after work dives. Right now I am training for a century on weeknights but I'll be available in August for after work beach dives. If you want to do those, post it or look for Gooch or FastAttack to post them. I will most definitely be posting them come August!!

Good dive, guys, thanks for coming!

~ Debby

Edit: I spoke too soon, I am not available next Saturday for a beach dive but why don't those of you who aren't going on the Keys adventure put something together anyway? Look for me to post a July 22 dive.

Sorry I missed y'all this morning. The weather looked perfect, but I forgot to pick up a tank at the dive shop Friday and could not get ahold of my brother in time to use one of his. Am going to bite the bullet and get one of my own.

I'll be swimming with whale sharks in Holbox and diving in Playa Del Carmen 7/15-21, but am anxious to chase lobsters during mini-season and thereafter.

Other than the temporary tank bungle, however, I come fully equipped and self-sustaining with my own dive flag, safety sausage, and whistle! I am also available for late afternoon diving during the week.

DebbyDiver:
FastAttack, The Gooch, and I met this morning and wondered where all of the rest of you were, because it was PERFECT for diving! No waves. No wind. No current. No surge. A bit overcast, but no rain and no thunder or lightning. The vis was decent, and the amount and variety of sea life was endless! Schools of midnight blue parrotfish, many eels, grouper, hogfish, every type of angelfish, and more lobsters than we could have carried back even if it were season! Of course the bugs were pointing at the calendars hanging in their dens and laughing at us.

As advertised, this was a waaaaay far out there dive but worth the swim. We found a real pretty set of parallel ledges facing each other, running east-west, that kept us enchanted for quite some time. The guys are fueling up right now with pizza for a second tank but I called it a day.

Let's try for next Saturday, ok? And you should really feel sorry for yourself that you missed a FANTASTIC beach dive today! :1poke:

Enrique, this is the link to buy a lobster license online. You need a saltwater fishing license with a lobster stamp.

On another topic, the three of us are available weeknights for after work dives. Right now I am training for a century on weeknights but I'll be available in August for after work beach dives. If you want to do those, post it or look for Gooch or FastAttack to post them. I will most definitely be posting them come August!!

Good dive, guys, thanks for coming!

~ Debby

Edit: I spoke too soon, I am not available next Saturday for a beach dive but why don't those of you who aren't going on the Keys adventure put something together anyway? Look for me to post a July 22 dive.

2nd dive Debby was awsome, I will try to post a report of it later, but lets just say that the ledge over the bricks had a lot more life!

we did a and hour and 20 minute dive. it was great

I'll post up again for getting some dives in next week if you want. I gotta start prepping for lobster season :)

oh btw thanks on the link!

I'm up for weekday beach diving in the PM. Anywhere from Pompano to Hollywood.

2nd dive was a blast Debby. We went out to the first line we found and headed North as there was a slight South current. We came across a rock pile running E/W with litterally hundreds of fish. Surgeons, tangs, hogfish, squirrelfish, parrot fish and many others. They were very active and did not mind us invading. Also saw a yellow stingray about the size of a dinner plate. FastAttack and I just cruised a bit North and let the current carry us back South. The water was getting pretty churned up towards the end and the vis was not fantastic but all in all an excellent dive.

It was great to meet both of you. Hopefully we can do it again soon.

I'm so happy that you guys had a great second dive, I'd like to try that one next time! I'm not available next weekend but late July until the water cools off I want to Dive! Dive! Dive!

Maybe someone else would like to start a new thread for weeknight diving? I'm up for it...but not for a few weeks. Go for it...I'll join you on those soon!

We need to plan a beach night dive the first evening (12:01 a.m. LOL) for mini season. That shelf we found at this site would be perfect.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom