Friday Afternoon diving or Sat Dives anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes at that spot, 8:00 a.m. show for an 8:15 go. If it is a monsoon I'm not showing. If it's just sprinkling, well, we are getting wet anyway, right? :D

I live pretty close to the beach; I'll drive down there after work and check out the wave action and post it here.

I hope we can go diving, I have a new camera to try out!

ok guys pm your phone numbers and we will be set.

I drove by the beach a few minutes ago and the water is as flat as an ice skating rink!

See you at 8 a.m., parking lot East of Johnson Street in Hollywood! Don't forget your flag!

Debby..

I don't have a dive flag with me being that I usually dive in a club :) and I suck at carrying one.

anyone else or does this mean I will have to buy one the day of the dive?

Anyone buddying with me should have a flag, because I consider it essential for safety, but you might find someone else to buddy with who doesn't mind! :)

Remember, the boat is not there to help you if you get separated from your buddy and I am accustomed to looking for my buddy's flag if they get away from me. Especially if you are diving with a club! If you are one of two buddies it is obvious if you are missing. If you are one of six or ten, it takes a while to be noticed as missing.

It's the cheapest piece of dive equipment so why not get one and become good at carrying it? I want my buddies to be safe! :)

Of course, if there are no dive shops open that early tomorrow, maybe I'll let you borrow mine so that you can learn how to carry one. :)

Fast, just got your phone message, sorry, we were out to dinner and I didn't have the cell on, now I'm going to bed, but by now you've seen my messages above. See you in the morning!

lets just say after seing a dive instructor and a divemaster getting tangled ( due to the stupid boat divers) I am not afraid of the dive flag but the guys that use it as a pylon to test their boat/jet ski skills.

usually we dive in groups of 2 .. one person carrying it and the other that is free :wink:

gotcha...we do that with boat dives...I just feel safer on a beach dive if everyone has one. The tangle factor is a hassle but on a beach dive, you don't have a boat there helping you find your lost buddy! I also feel safer having my own flag when boats are zipping by, there are a few boaters out there who actually know what a dive flag is and to avoid it! Just a FEW mind you...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom